Lakers assistant Kurt Rambis to be interviewed for Sacramento HC job

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lakers assistant Kurt Rambis is being interviewed in Los Angeles today for the Kings head coaching position, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd stay away if I was the Kings, he hasn't done much to help that Laker defense.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Kurt Rambis had come the Kings' way before, interviewing for their head-coaching job in 1998 in Sacramento and again nine years later at the Las Vegas hotel of co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof.

But the Kings came to Rambis this time around, interviewing the longtime Lakers assistant in Los Angeles on Monday so as to accommodate his busy schedule and maintain the minimal momentum in their coaching search.

With the Lakers set to begin the NBA Finals against Orlando on Thursday and Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie back East dealing with a personal matter, the meeting took place despite the complications. Petrie joined in by way of conference call, while the Maloofs flew in from Las Vegas to take part.

Rambis, who also interviewed for the Philadelphia job that went to former Kings candidate Eddie Jordan, attended Lakers practice before heading off to make his latest pitch.

"We had a great meeting," Joe Maloof said by phone. "We've known (Rambis) throughout the years, and he's a very, very dynamic, smart man. Very intelligent. Like before (in previous interviews), we were very impressed with him. He knows his stuff.""

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol I hope he goes.
I love Kurt, but he wouldn't be a good head coach IMO

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%