Kobe Bryant Would Love To Play In 2016 Olympics

47th oG

Reaction score

Kobe Bryant would love to compete in the Olympics for the United States if he's chosen for their final roster.

“Obviously I grew up overseas and have seen basketball grow globally," said Bryant on Friday. "It’s come so far, so fast. (I) would love nothing more to be in an international environment and be around so many other great athletes one more time. That being said, it’s not something I’m obsessing over, either, because I’ve got to listen to my body, too. If my body can’t do it, there’s no sense in doing it. So God willing, hopefully, if they feel I can make a significant contribution and my body is up for it ... if that’s the case then I would love to play.â€

Marc Stein writes that Bryant could be included on the roster similar to Jason Kidd's presence on the 2008 team at the age of 35.

The 11th and 12th men on the team aren't expected to play many minutes.
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240043/Kobe-Bryant-Would-Love-To-Play-In-2016-Olympics

Thoughts? How would you feel about Kobe playing in the Olympics?

Paulius

Reaction score
Deserves to be on the team for what he's done for team USA and the game. Hopefully he stays healthy thru out the season cuz I'm sure that all it'll take for him to make the team, is to be healthy.

Stray32

Reaction score
#2 SG of all time #24 said:
Deserves to be on the team for what he's done for team USA and the game. Hopefully he stays healthy thru out the season cuz I'm sure that all it'll take for him to make the team, is to be healthy.
Agreed

Me7o said:
Hopefully he plays
Disagree, if he's still playing this at the end of the year then it'd probably be best if he didn't play since Olympic airballs would just lead to more ridicule for a player that should be revered. All they need is his presence

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Well the Olympics has no affiliation with the NBA so....

It's been a pleasure to watch Kobe over the years, but he's not good anymore. The Olympics are for the best players in the world at this time, not 10 years ago. I'd rather send a college player who is making a name for himself

Paulius

Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Well the Olympics has no affiliation with the NBA so....

It's been a pleasure to watch Kobe over the years, but he's not good anymore. The Olympics are for the best players in the world at this time, not 10 years ago. I'd rather send a college player who is making a name for himself
10 years ago huh? He was averaging 27/5/5 just right before the Achilles when he was dragging the Lakers into the playoffs in 2013. 10 years ago tho

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
10 years ago huh? He was averaging 27/5/5 just right before the Achilles when he was dragging the Lakers into the playoffs in 2013. 10 years ago tho
The 2013 NBA season is as relevant to the 2016 Olympics as the 2006 NBA season so either way my point is made

Paulius

Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
The 2013 NBA season is as relevant to the 2016 Olympics as the 2006 NBA season so either way my point is made
Wtf lmao 2013 can be irrelevant as much as you want little guy, it's still not ten years ago, proving that you were wrong trying to act like kobe hasn't been good since 2006

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Kobe would have better luck playing in the Special Olympics at this point

Paulius

Reaction score
You guys clearly don't get why he would be on the team, but it's alright

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Wtf lmao 2013 can be irrelevant as much as you want little guy, it's still not ten years ago, proving that you were wrong trying to act like kobe hasn't been good since 2006
Are you illiterate? Did I say Kobe hasn't been good since 2006?

You clearly don't like to watch good basketball, but it's alright

BRAAP!

Reaction score
This isn't a meaningless game like the NBA All Star game. Don't waste roster spots on people who don't deserve to be there

Paulius

Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
This isn't a meaningless game like the NBA All Star game. Don't waste roster spots on people who don't deserve to be there
Olympics pretty meaningless to USA anyway. Regardless if he's on the team or not they will still win gold

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
This guy acting like the Olympics are some sort of entitlement charade lmao

Please ring back Nastia Liukin Team USA, because she was good when she was last in the Olympics. I mean her skills definitely haven't deteriorated over time

BRAAP!

Reaction score
If I'm Coach K I tell him to shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
It would be embarrassing for Kobe tbh

He can't even do anything vs the 76ers at this point. It's sad really, to see him go out like this

Landfill

Reaction score
Olympics pretty meaningless to USA anyway. Regardless if he's on the team or not they will still win gold
Just like that Bronze in 2004.

Paulius

Reaction score
Landfill said:
Just like that Bronze in 2004.
Lmao go look at that weak ass roster n there's your answer

BRAAP!

Reaction score
Lmao go look at that weak ass roster n there's your answer
Kobe Bryant in 2016 is no better than any of those guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%