Knicks will take Curry at 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
NBADraft.net cites sources who corroborate that unless the Knicks move up to one of the top three slots, they will pick Davidson's Stephen Curry with the 8th pick.

Curry reportedly chose to enter this year's draft based on the Knicks' assurances.

Via NBADraft.net

HTF

Reaction score
They better, I still can't believe they passed on Eric Gordon. The best moment in the NBA season is when the Knicks are making their pick in the draft just because the crowd's reaction is usually priceless.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No we dont need Curry, we need a point guard and he is no PG.

I swear we make another bad pick this year and Ill lose it. We need to try to target Jenningsor Rubio. If not them, trade the pick. Please dont draft Curry.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
<Censored> you should be happy dez that you played against dude and now he's ballin for your fave team.

Deeillini

One of the Originals
Reaction score
That would be a big move, Curry is just what the Knicks would need after losing Marbury.(Even though he didn't play

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong, Its always great to see someone from the city make it, but he isnt what he need at all, he's an undersized SG, and we already have that in Nate. He cant play point and we need either a big man or point guard.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well if you draft steph does that signal the end of nate's career as a knick?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Nate's gone regardless, but if we do draft him, Im sure Nate wont care as long as he gets his shots and PT.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Nate could be coming to Sac-Town honestly.

But on subject, I don;t like this pick at all for them.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well LeBron is a fan of Curry and I'm guessing wants to play with him, and the Knicks are pretty much desperate and need LeBron for there franchise to be any good, so I'm guessing this is a move to try and get him.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I want Ricky Rubio not Steph Curry. Rubio is a true PG which we need and if D'antoni can bring in Nash we can develop his skills to become a good PG.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Having Rubio or Jennings would be great, and if John Wall is able to enter the draft then that gives us an even better chance to pick one of em up.

I know Sacramento and Golden St. both need PG's so both could be gone by the time our pick comes (considering we stay at #8 )

But I hope we dont make the same mistake as last year, Gallo is better then I thought, but an absolute nonfactor on defense, and already having back problems.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If i was you guys i would rather pick flynn that curry. Because i believe Jennings is top 5 pick and rubio is a top 3 pick.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think we should trade up. This is THE year to trade up, people say this is a weak draft, but if we select Rubio then we put ourselves in a position to play well in 2010 and ready for the free agent class.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, you guys don't need Curry...but oh well.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think we should trade up. This is THE year to trade up, people say this is a weak draft, but if we select Rubio then we put ourselves in a position to play well in 2010 and ready for the free agent class.
This draft has gotten strong with the additions of prospects like flynn, rubio, henderson, demar, jrue, reke havoc.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flynn would be a good pick too, but 8 would be too high for him, we could trade down for him.

But Idk what to expect this offseason, just gotta hope for the best lol

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Flynn isnt slipping past 14. I heard Phx loves him. The best hope is for jennings to fall. Because if not say hello to curry. TBH i would rather have reke or jrue over holiday.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you draft Curry, then I can see Nate walking for sure. And if the Pistons don't sign Ben Gordon I can see Nate coming to the D or to Sac.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I would too, i dont see Curry being more then a Daniel Gibson type player in the NBA, that doesnt warrant the #8 pick IMO

I really want Jennings, cause dude is the truth. And would be fun to watch in D'Antoni's offense.

I just hope we end up with a top 3 pick. we deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%