Knicks' Rose: We Don't Have What It Takes For Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ROSE: WE DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES FOR TITLE

January 4, 2008 -- Malik Rose, who won two rings with the Spurs, knows the ingredients needed in a championship team, so he knows what the Knicks lack. Contrary to Isiah Thomas' proclamation, Rose said the Knicks don't have what it takes inside the locker room to be a winner.

Rose said the Knicks are not like the Spurs, whom they face tonight in a potential blowout. When it comes to the makeup of the players, it's not even close. Rose referred to "heart," but also seemed to be referencing work ethic and ability to handle adversity.

"There are things that are different (in San Antonio) than here," said Rose, in his fourth season with the Knicks. "There are a few small things . . . that are the difference between winning and losing. In some instances you have to be born with them. In some instances you can work to get them. We need more of those things."

Rose also said the Knicks are made up of many disparate parts without any continuity, as opposed to the Spurs, the prime example of constancy.

"You have eight, nine guys there who've spent tons of time together," Rose said of the Spurs. "This team (the Knicks) has been put together over the last couple of years, we have young guys, draft picks, we have free agents, we have trade guys. It takes time to mesh that together and we're not there yet. We have some weird personalities, different personalities on this team."

Rose said his teammates are pressing too much for fear of failure or perhaps fear of being yanked from the lineup in one of Isiah Thomas' constant shuffles.

Rose said as a result, a player doesn't always use "what God gave you, your talents and creativity. What we're doing here is we're overthinking. We're not reacting."

Rose is a close friend of Tim Duncan's and has his family in San Antonio. He would love a trade to a contender but doesn't foresee one to the Spurs for a second stint.
"It was some of the best moments of my life," Rose said. "Unfortunately it's in the past. I'm going to remember it and treasure it always. That part of my life is behind me and behind them also."

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Atleast he speaks the truth about his team lol

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
fck Malik Rose no sh*t we dont have what it takes.....but you dont come out and say it!

I guess he wants to be traded so bad he's going to act like an ass until it happens. I say trade em get rid of em. Hell its not like he's going to go to a team thats gonna give him serious PT. He's a wash-up and was never that good in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%