Knicks looking to pick up 5th pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Peter Vecsey writes that the Knicks "are angling to acquire No. 5 from Washington for Larry Hughes (but must take the expiring contracts of Mike James and Etan Thomas) and parlay the pick with No. 8 for No. 2."

Not everyone is convinced that Rubio's value justifies such a high price.

"Ricky has a big upside," a Western Conference coach concedes. "Nevertheless, he's very light, like Steve Nash only without the offense. He has no mid-range game, never gets to the free throw line and is a defensive liability due to his lack of strength and size.

"Ricky makes sense for a team loaded with great outside shooters, because he can make plays," the coach continued. "He would've been a perfect fit for the Suns under Mike D'Antoni, and he could play for him with the Knicks because they don't worry about playing defense.

"The reality is, teams are going to go at him defensively and play him soft . . . dare him to shoot from outside."
To be honest, if they can pick up the 5th pick and still keep the 8th pick, they would be CRAZY to trade the 2 picks to move up to #2. You can still draft a great PG in Jonny Flynn at 5, and probably 8, and at 8 there's a lot of other options.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree, I would much rather keep the two picks since we dont have a first next year.

The five would guarentee us Jordan Hill or maybe Reke, and a point guard (Jennings, Holiday, Flynn, Teague)

I really dont want Rubio, theres too much hype for him to live up to, not to mention he'll be playing in NY where they will criticize everything he's done wrong.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rubio is the best player bar-none in this draft. I'd definitely trade Hughes and the 8th for him...
Don't think about it as 2 picks... It's Hughes and the 8th.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im not sold on Rubio, but I would rather him over any of the other PG's we'd take with exception to Jennings.

He still has a long way to become the player many says he could become.

He would fit our offense it the sense he can make plays, great passer, but he's going to have to improve his jumper to be as effective as needed.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Legit, if I had to make a list of how I think the 1st round PG will pan out, Jennings would be last. I'd rather have Eric Maynor, Ty Lawson, Darren Collison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%