Kitna: Trip to IR an excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jon Kitna says Lions made excuse to shelve him

Jon Kitna said Wednesday the Lions wanted to replace him as their starting quarterback and used his back injury as a reason to make the change. "They decided they wanted to go in a different direction," Kitna told Free Press columnist Mitch Albom in an interview on WJR-AM (760). "And I guess the thing for me is, that's fine. Let's just say that." Asked earlier Wednesday if the Lions used Kitna's injury as an excuse to play young quarterbacks Dan Orlovsky and Drew Stanton, coach Rod Marinelli said: "No." Kitna and the Lions disagree on a number of things regarding the decision to put him on injured reserve Tuesday, ending his season. -- Detroit Free Press
I'll buy it. Not sure if anyone else is noticing...but moves are being made in the post-Millen era. The team traded away Roy Williams, got a little bit richer in the 2009 Draft, and then Kitna.

What can I say? Smart move.

When you know your season is screwed...why waste the time with a guy who is not the future of your team? I say get Orlovski and Stanton in there...see what they got. Based on what either may or may not be able to do over the rest of the season...will depend on whether Detroit looks to draft another QB.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
you make a good point. He's not the future of this team, and their headed in the right direction by getting those draft picks. I hope they take a QB, because they really need someone to take control of the offense (sign a Vet tho, the Rook will settle in)

nvr mind, forgot about the backups, lol. WHy did i think they had no fresh QB's? WHy am i asking u guys? u wudnt know... omg im losing it...

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Maybe this team is losing to get a high pick and draft a QB. Tim Teebow or Chase Daniels to Detroit?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They need to give Dan Orlovsky more chances and possibly Drew Stanton. Orlovsky has played one game last week against Minnesota and played solid for the most part. Made a couple mistakes but it's expected. He'll get better. That's probably why they are benching Kitna is to give Orlovsky and Stanton a chance to prove something and if they don't it's probably almost guanteed they'll be drafting a quaterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%