Kings To Retire Jerseys Of Vlade Divac and Chris Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Remembering the good times ...

Sometime within the next few weeks, the Kings will announce plans to retire the jerseys of Vlade Divac and Chris Webber during games later this season. The retirement date for Divac appears set: March 31, during pregame festivities when the New Orleans Hornets and fellow Serbia native Peja Stojakovic visit.

The date for Webber\'s ceremony still is being discussed. The Kings are working to accommodate their former power forward and his business obligations, including his duties as a TNT analyst. The best guess here is sometime in February or early March. Webber, who was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers when the Kings began dismantling the aging, injury-riddled team that was wildly entertaining during the early part of the decade, played briefly for the Detroit Pistons before ending his career last year with his original team, the Golden State Warriors.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they gotta retire Peja and Bibby's too when the time comes

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That's awesome.
I am gonna watch that since I love Divac.
Maybe we'll retire his jersey in LA too.

Webber is beastly though.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol Vlade getting his jersey retired in L.A. is laughable Kraig. I hope you were being sarcastic > _>

i used to love hating these guys though. Shaq used to <Censored> on Vlade and Webber alwyas used to cry

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't realise they were that big of an influence in Sacramento to have their numbers retired...but then again it was ebfore I got into basketball.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Chris Webber FTW, although, if your not careful, he might use up one of your timeouts when you dont have any left.

Haha no but seriously, Webber is a beast, and I`ve got nothing but respect for the guy.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I didn't realise they were that big of an influence in Sacramento to have their numbers retired...but then again it was ebfore I got into basketball.
Webber should definitely have his jersey retired, but I was a little surprised to see Divac's name thrown in here.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
their gonna retire that whole team > _>
Peja, Bibby, Bobby Jackson, Doug Christie, Scott Pollard, Lawrence Funderburke, Gerald Wallace, Mateen Cleaves, Hedon't Turkoglu
o_O

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lol.
The only other one will probably be Bibby.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
no. if you retired Vlade, you have to retire Peja
Webber deserves this, but if you think Divac and Bibby should get theres, then Peja must get his IMO

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Bibby deserves this much more than Divac and Peja.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peja has been a 3 time all-star with the Kings, Bibby 0.
I think Bibby deserves his as well, but Peja does too

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Peja and Bibby will get theres too.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They don't deserve it though... Webber is the only one worthy of having his jersey retired.

If Vlade Divac is getting his jersey retired by the Kings, Luc Longley should have had his jersey retired by the Bulls (and the Bulls team actually did something, the Kings never accomplished anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%