Kings-Nuggets Discuss Artest Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings forward Ron Artest says his time in Sacramento has been as enjoyable as any he has spent in the NBA. Artest also says, though, that as he has looked around recently, he feels he won't be with the Kings much longer. "I look around our team, and I see the emerging young stars, and I don't get the sense that I'm going to be around," said Artest, who recently said he plans to opt out of his contract during the offseason. The Kings are believed to have had recent discussions with Denver regarding Artest, and could possibly be pursuing forward Nene Hilario.

SOURCE

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I actually ike the idea of getting Nene. I mean, he is injured but he's still only 26. Plus, Im sure we'd get a 1st at least with the deal... Cuz we are really weak at the post, we have plenty of guards.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Agreed, the Kings need a post player and they have a ton of rising stars so they dont really need Artest really, plus isnt he getting kind of old too?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, I think he's like 29. IDK. But I would expect to get a 1st and possibly Kleiza also.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
IDK if they would be willing to give up Kleiza, hes actually getting pretty good.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, but Artest would put them with Iverson, Melo, Artest, and Camby.

Artest would take alot more then Nene.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow if the Nuggets get Artest they would be one badass looking team. But Artest even start? I guess theycould play him at PF over Martin. But I don't think either him or Melo would play SG.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could see Melo playing SG....
But Artest would be fine at the PF.
He plays there all the time for the Kings.
What do you think the Nuggets would add?

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not a clue, but I could see J.R. Smith leaving Denver.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IMO the Nuggets would be getting the better end of the deal there.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd just really like to see us get Najera.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Nuggets wouldn't take Shareif he is injured.

I think it would be Najera and Nene or something,I doubt they would put Keliza and JR in it.
I also doubt they would play Melo at SG.Ron could play PF or he could SG.

Either way they would still need a upgrade at PG.
But they would be a badass team that wouldn't get far.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i dont see why Sacramento would want Nene.
way to risky with everything going on

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
cramento Kings forward Ron Artest is an ideal short-term solution for a playoff-bound club. The Denver Nuggets, who tried to obtain Artest two years ago, should be interested.

In return, Kings GM Geoff Petrie is thought to be interested in a package consisting of young players and veterans with expiring contracts, including forwards Linas Kleiza and Eduardo Najera. Or he could simply allow Artest to complete his contract and pursue a sign-and-trade during the offseason.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Getting Kleiza would be sweet, that dood is good.

bulls12

Reaction score
I wish Nene could come play in Chicago. he could have a terrific chance to prove what skills he really has as a starter. there are superb chances that it's unlikely, but I would not like to see Nene on the Kings. of course the Nuggets' defense would be just about the best in the league if they ended up getting Artest...

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Asked after Monday's practice about first-year coach Reggie Theus and the job he's done this season, Ron Artest -- who said last week that he didn't see himself in the Kings' long-term plans -- said Theus and his team would be better off without him. "He's doing good; he's doing good," Artest said of Theus. "I just think they (the Kings) would be better if I wasn't on the team. I think (Theus) would be doing much better."

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sacramento Bee
Although Nuggets vice president Mark Warkentien is believed to be in favor of acquiring Artest, the sources said coach George Karl is hesitant for a number of reasons. He is a fan of Artest's game, the sources said, but somewhat uneasy about losing forward Eduardo Najera in a deal in light of the uncertain status of Nene. The Nuggets' power forward is undergoing treatment for testicular cancer and hasn't played since Jan. 7.

In the meantime, Najera - who has an expiring contract ($4.95 million) and would likely come the Kings' way if a deal transpired - is filling his role and his departure would leave a void. The more pertinent question might be whether the Nuggets would give up small forward Linas Kleiza, whose contract ($1.01 million this season, team option for 2008-09 at $1.82 million) and upside intrigues the Kings.

The Kings might also attempt to send forward Kenny Thomas to Denver as well, while the Nuggets are believed to be making shooting guard J.R. Smith and his expiring contract ($2.1 million) available in the right deal. Denver isn't the only team who could come calling about Artest, especially in a Western Conference in which just five games separated first place and eighth place entering Friday. And although the Artest fear factor remains for most around the league as it pertains to his reputation, there are also those who wonder if he could do for them what he did for the Kings when leading their surprising playoff run in 2006.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%