Kings likely to stay in Sac!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
When the NBA stepped in to try and resolve the whole arena issue, Kings fans held their breath...until today, when the Cal Expo Board of Directors voted to accept the NBA proposal that includes a new arena and a mixed-use neighborhood that could easily be a showcase for not only Sacramento but all of the Golden State.

Kings fans waited with baited breath - and some with more than a little skepticism - for word on today's presentation. After all, there have been so many times before when hopes soared only to be shot down and dashed upon the rocks.

This time, though, things look good for the future of the Kings in Sacramento. In a larger sense, things look good for Sacramento itself as this project will result in a state-of-the-art venue for entertainment and sporting events and a revitalized fairgrounds for the State Fair.

The entire project will not be completed until 2036, but target date for completion of the first phase is 2013. The first phase will include the arena. Other features will include hotel, retail and office space, residential rentals and for-sale condos. All in all, an exciting proposal for the Arden Fair area.

Because the project will be done in stages, it won't be necessary to obtain all the financing at once.

The next step was supposed to be a study by the Cal Expo Board of Directors with a vote scheduled sometime within the next few weeks. According to a report on KHTK, however, the Board entertained a motion to take their vote tonight and the result was approval for the project to proceed.

It's a good day to be a Kings fan!

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is great. I lived in Sacramento for a year and though I am not a Kings fan, they have an excellent fan base. (I was there in 1999/2000 if anyone is wondering)
I was feeling bad when I heard they might move. This is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%