Kidd talks cool; Swift could be on deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As momentum for a blockbuster three-team trade centering on Jason Kidd slowed down on Thursday, the New Jersey Nets are discussing a smaller deal that would send forward Jason Collins to the Memphis Grizzlies for Stromile Swift.

“I think everyone is getting cold feet,” one league source with knowledge of the negotiations among New Jersey, Dallas and Portland said. “Dallas doesn’t want to part with (Devin) Harris, and (Nets president) Rod (Thorn) doesn’t think that (Travis) Outlaw is enough as a centerpiece to give up a franchise player in Kidd.”

The Nets, Mavericks and Trail Blazers have been engaged in discussions for a multi-player trade that would land Kidd, the nine-time All-Star, back in Dallas where his NBA career started in 1994. The Mavericks would send point guard Devin Harris, 24, to the Blazers, and Jerry Stackhouse and either Devean George or DeSagna Diop to the Nets. Travis Outlaw, Jarrett Jack and Channing Frye, along with a No. 1 pick, would go to New Jersey. As many as a dozen players could change teams.

Sources expect the conversations between New Jersey and Dallas to continue until the Feb. 21 trade deadline, whether Portland is the third team involved or as others become involved.

Thorn also has been active trying to change the complete face of his spiraling franchise. Swift, a 6-foot-9 forward, is on the outs with Memphis coach Marc Iavaroni, whom he showed up on the bench Monday night in a loss to the Mavericks. The Grizzlies suspended Swift, 28, for Wednesday’s game and would rather trade him than let him return to their young, impressionable locker room.

Collins, 29, is a banger with little athleticism or offensive ability but has a resolve to defend and rebound.

The Nets are determined to honor Kidd’s trade wishes and end his days in New Jersey, but that could take until the trade deadline.

As one rival Eastern Conference GM said Thursday, “I could see Rod passing on the (three-way) deal. It wasn’t a great deal for his organization and you can’t make a mistake with an asset that big.

“If I’m Rod, I’m not taking the first deal down the pike. I’m waiting and letting every deal flush out before I pull the trigger.”
Swift for Collins wow.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OMG...grizzlies cannot do this. Collins is trash. Sure the Grizzlies have plenty of players at the 4 spot, and it might releive them of some cap, but still Swift > Collins.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this is hilarious....some trades that are being discussed in the NBA are just as bad as the ones in our FBB sim league lol.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip off..But I hope it happens.

And I read that Mark Cuban will give Kidd a 20Mill extension if he ends up getting him.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Guys let me tell you 2 things

a. The grizzles hate stromile as a person being the main reason for the trade.
b. Jason Collins is amazing at everything but scoring, hes smart on the court, takes a lot of chargers, one of the best post defenders in the league and he sets screens like no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%