KG Calls ESPN.com Poll 'Distasteful'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN.com
A poll on ESPN.com’s Page 2 yesterday may have been intended as edgy humor, but one of the poll’s subjects - Kevin Garnett - called this entry “distasteful.”

The poll, drawing on the sports world’s current enmity toward Boston, asked users to vote for the event they would rather see happen - the Steelers beating the Patriots, Johan Santana being traded to any team but the Red Sox, or Garnett blowing out his knee.

Garnett, his mouth ajar in disbelief upon hearing about the poll after last night’s game, recovered long enough to say, “Wow, that’s really distasteful, man. Man, I mean, that’s my life, my career. You don’t joke about something like that.”

Garnett then leaned toward the nearest door - made of wood, naturally - and rapped his knuckles on it, before asking a team official to contact ESPN to register his dismay.
I find it funny how this story is posted on every sports new things thing except for ESPN

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
I agree with Garnett. They shouldn't post something like that. It won't hurt no one, everyone knows Garnett is one of the best and it was simply just a joke.

.loggie

Reaction score
Hahahahah distasteful. That may be my new favourite word.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
How would a magzine even allow that to print.
I hope they get sued or something I mean that is just distasteful.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
whoever wrote that is lucky KG didn't rap his knuckles around there face!!!

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea that really is an awful thing to say to/about someone.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think everyone is making a big deal about this. Who cares? Like really how offended would you be you were in that poll instead of Garnett? I honestly wouldn't care, it's just a joke, chill.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I cant beleive they allowed that to be put in their. That is a discrace.

Josh10_10

The Realist Baller
Reaction score
I think everyone is making a big deal about this. Who cares? Like really how offended would you be you were in that poll instead of Garnett? I honestly wouldn't care, it's just a joke, chill.
No, it's a big thing when you're the big ticket.. like he said, that's his life, you don't just joke about things like that, especially if you're superstitious, which pretty much every pro athlete is.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Exactly that's just a horrible thing to put on...
So distasteful.
I was readin the poll on the quote and at first nothing was wrong with it until it mentioned Garnett blowing out his knee.

bulls12

Reaction score
No, it's a big thing when you're the big ticket.. like he said, that's his life, you don't just joke about things like that, especially if you're superstitious, which pretty much every pro athlete is.
Superstitious. Exactly the word I was thinking of when I heard Garnett was unhappy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't know. I know this wouldn't bother me at all.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I don't know. I know this wouldn't bother me at all.
Its pretty much the same if they said what if Adrian Peterson gets paralyzed....just a mean thing to say. I mean his life and career would be at stake.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So now if KG blows his knee out, everybody and their grandmomma's going to blame it on this poll. Big fcking deal, whatever happens, happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%