Kevin Martin's Return Likely Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I spoke to Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie this afternoon. And while I'll leave his thoughts on the coaching situation for tomorrow's paper, it's worth noting now that it appears Kevin Martin's return has been delayed.

After tonight, the Kings shooting guard will have missed six games with a sprained left ankle. Tomorrow marks the long end of his expected absence based on the original prognostications, but Petrie didn't make it sound as if Martin would be ready to play until the middle of next week at the earliest.

"Kevin is a little bit better, but he's still probably a little ways away," he said. "I'm not even saying this is possible, but maybe the middle of next week. I wouldn't say that's written in stone, though. It's getting better. It's just (a matter of) when he's going to feel comfortable just really going on it and I don't think he's gotten to that point yet."

Kings swingman Francisco Garcia (strained right calf), Petrie said, appears ready to start practicing at the end of this week. Both players stayed in Sacramento on this road trip, as did injured forward Mikki Moore (right ankle). - Sam Amick

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this dude's always hurt

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Just last year, even though it was over a month last year.
Sucks that he got hurt in the last 2 minutes of a game while we had the game in hand already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%