Josh Smith to Visit 76ers Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yahoo! Sports
Josh Smith, the argument goes, is not a pure NBA low-post player.
But the 6-9 Atlanta Hawks restricted free agent is:

The league's No. 2 shot-blocker the last two seasons, each time finishing behind the Denver Nuggets' Marcus Camby; The first player to block at least 225 shots and hit at least 25 three-pointers in the same season; he has had at least 200 blocks and 25 triples in three straight seasons; The third player in history to average at least 17.0 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 2.8 blocks and 1.5 steals in a season. The others are Hall of Famers David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Smith's remarkable fourth season included averages of 17.2 points, 8.2 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 2.8 blocks and 1.5 steals. Coming out of Oak Hill Academy in Mouth of Wilson, Va. in 2004, he originally committed to Indiana University before becoming the No. 17 pick in the 2004 draft. And he won't turn 23 until December.

All that is why the 76ers, who have about $11.5 million in salary-cap space available, have invited Smith and his representatives to visit Wednesday. He and agents Brian Dyke and Wallace Prowther visited yesterday with the Hawks and newly minted general manager Rick Sund, who has said repeatedly that ownership plans to match any offers made to Smith.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He would be a GREAT addition, but, this isnt the type of player the Sxers need. They need a player that can rely on to be their #1 scoring option,. Smith isnt that...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Iggy is a good 1st option..
And I think Smith will help the Sixers become a GREAT team. They need a starting PF badly.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Smith isnt really a PF, though.

And Iggy isnt a solid option, they cant COUNT on him to go and get them a basket when they need it.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I thin Smith would be more ffective at the PF positiion.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks fans told me Smith was their PF so..And Marvin at SF. He can play both for sure.

And Iggy still hasn't reach his full potential IMO. He could have a break-out season.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hawks fans told me Smith was their PF so..And Marvin at SF. He can play both for sure.

And Iggy still hasn't reach his full potential IMO. He could have a break-out season.
But Iggy takes baaaad shots, Josh will make them the GSW of the East though. I hope this happens, but it won't.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Iggy is gonna be pretty good. He is gonna have a break-out season sooner or later and score 25+ PPG. I'd like to see him and Smith on the same team.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea boy. I defiently wouldnt mind him even though i would have preferred brand. If we get J-smoove we are the future of the east. Make it happen Stefanaski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%