Josh Howard arrested for street racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From MyFoxDallas.com
Mavericks guard Josh Howard was arrested in Winston-Salem, N.C. Thursday night for street racing, according to police.

Howard is facing charges of speeding, reckless driving, and speed competition, according to myFOXdfw's sister station myFOXwghp.com.

The website says an officer spotted Howard driving a black Lexus with a passenger on the city's west side.

Howard was taken to the Forsyth County magistrate's office and released on a written promise to appear in court on Sept. 23.

Howard graduated from Wake Forest and has been pro for five years.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
He was probably high, since it is the off-season right now lol.

.loggie

Reaction score
j-ho spells trouble, i think id rather have ron artest on the mavericks than josh howard

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This kid is nothing but bad news. First he admits to doing dope, now he does this. Next thing you know he's gunna be caught drunk driving while smoking dope..

Everyone go's fast/races. Sooo many people somke or have tried smoking weed. He's fine, it's just this could kill him.. Could being the main word.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Maybe he didnt think he was going that fast since he was prolly high which slows things down alittle bit sometimes. Just my 2 cents.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im just happy he didnt get hut or even die.......

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
idk his trade value has probably dropped a ton because of his off the court issues, hes still a 20 points per game guy when focused

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who cares what he does in the off-season. He is a human just like us, only he is talented in basketball and gets payed to do it. If he is seriously injured or even killed by the things he does it's his fault.

No need to rip on him.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Funny thing was he was going home to North Carolina to oversee his sponsorship of a youth basketball league

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
People are way overreacting to this stuff. There are people getting in way more trouble then this, and people just shrug it off. Leave the man alone, he's human.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
j-ho spells trouble, i think id rather have ron artest on the mavericks than josh howard
So you rather have some one that goes into the stands and attacks fans, then a guy that races cars, and admits to smoking pot in his free time?

If this is from a talent position, then I respect you stand. But if this is from a problem stand point, you sir are dumb.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
To all of you saying "oh, who cares, its off season, we are over-reacting", this guy, as an NBA player earning millions of dollars, has a social responsibility. Whether he wanted it or not, he has a responsibility to the Mavericks and the fans, to act in a respectable manner, 24/7. Thats what you get for being a pro athlete, if you wanna take drugs, if you wanna street race, then get out of the league.

[/rant]

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
To all of you saying "oh, who cares, its off season, we are over-reacting", this guy, as an NBA player earning millions of dollars, has a social responsibility. Whether he wanted it or not, he has a responsibility to the Mavericks and the fans, to act in a respectable manner, 24/7. Thats what you get for being a pro athlete, if you wanna take drugs, if you wanna street race, then get out of the league.

[/rant]
Yup, and its becoming obvious that a lot of athletes these days can't handle it either.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

[/rant]
I'm not saying it's not a big deal, but it's not this huge deal. People are acting like he has an attitude problem. He has just made some mistakes, that's what people do, make mistakes. I'm just made that other players are doing worse then this, and they are just getting a shrug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%