Not open for further replies.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score

JOSE CALDERON:
MIN: 34.3 PPG: 12.8 RPG: 2.9 APG: 8.9 TO: 2.10 SPG: 1.1 BPG: 0.1

RAJON RONDO:
MIN: 33.0 PPG: 11.9 RPG: 5.2 APG: 8.2 TO: 2.61 SPG: 1.9 BPG: 0.1

Me and TYO were debating with $tunna on AIM on who was the better point.

Stunna sees Rondo as the better point, we think otherwise.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Rondo, offensive numbers are about the same, but Rondo is one of the best defensive PGs in the league

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calderon and I would say that if Rondo wasn't a Celtic. I like Calderon's game better, he doesn't have as much around him and still plays up to par

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think Rondo would be putting up the same assist numbers in Boston if he were a Toronto Raptor. I think he's overrated by some people.

Also, Rondo needs to develop a shot as well, he's a guard, so he needs one. Calderon developed a nice shot over the years, and look at him, he shot 98 PERCENT! at the free throw line this year. 98 %? That's amazing, I'm not sure if he broke the most free throws made in a row record, but he came close to it at least. And also, if Calderon was asked to shoot more, I think he can put up almost 18-20 points a night, I don't think he shoots enough but he does his job as a point guard, rack up some assist, and don't turn over the ball and score when you get an open look.

VC15

Reaction score
Rondo by a good margin. His shot isn't the best, but his quickness and pesky defense more than make up for that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he averaged a triple-double in the playoffs last year and averaged around 17 PPG while in the post-season while playing without the Celtics best player in KG. All Calderon has on Rondo is a jumper, while Rondo can get to the rim, find the open man and play great man to man defense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's Rondo by A LOT. Calderon's defense is extremely terrible, even though Rondo's shot is worse, he performs better on offense.

Plus Calderon showed he is actually not even valuable.The Raptors record with TJ Ford starting instead of Calderon is tremendously better.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I say Rondo he's improved so much since he came in the league IMO, Plus his defense is outstanding, Once Rajon Improves that shot he'll be an all - star PG

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Id have to go with Rondo as well, like its already been stated, Calderon is a better shooter but Rondo is better in every other category.

Defense, scoring, rebounding, playmaking, etc...

VC15

Reaction score
I say Rondo he's improved so much since he came in the league IMO, Plus his defense is outstanding, Once Rajon Improves that shot he'll be an all - star PG
He would probably be an all-star with his skill set already if it weren't for Pierce, Allen and Garnett.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I say Rondo. You want an offensive PG with no D at all take Calderon. You want an all around offensive, defense, playmaking PG take Rondo.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's Rondo by A LOT. Calderon's defense is extremely terrible, even though Rondo's shot is worse, he performs better on offense.

Plus Calderon showed he is actually not even valuable.The Raptors record with TJ Ford starting instead of Calderon is tremendously better.
You can't blame that on Jose when he's putting up 9 assists a game. He's a pass first point guard.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As much as I love Calderon I would have to go with Rondo. Rondo is better defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%