Jermaine for Marion and Banks Almost Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Jermaine O'Neal for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks trade is gaining momentum and could be finalized within a week if Miami is satisfied with the health and play of O'Neal now that he is back on the floor.

Sources confirmed talks are nearly completed at the highest levels of each organization.

O'Neal, according to sources and various Internet reports, has told friends and acquaintances that he expects to be dealt to Miami. League sources tell the Star that nothing is expected to happen in the next 24 or 48 hours and it could be more than a week before any deal is finalized.

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I knew it was gonna be this

I wish we could keep Banks though, I like his defense But anyway at least we get the big man we needed.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes, good deal for both teams though. Can't wait to see Marion in a Raps jersey if it is finished.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marcus Banks must be pissed that Shawn Marion can't find a home.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
A proposed trade that would send Shawn Marion to Toronto for Jermaine O'Neal is far from imminent, Heat president Pat Riley said Sunday.

In his first comments since speculation of the potential deal intensified this weekend, Riley disputed published reports that he is waiting to see how well O'Neal's troublesome right knee holds up before deciding on a deal.

"It is typical of this time of year in the NBA that people put the cart before the horse," Riley said through a team spokesman before Sunday's game.

"Whoever is saying that [a trade is imminent] is putting the cart before the horse."

The Heat has had discussions with at least three teams regarding potential deals for Marion, who is paid $17.8 million on a contract that expires at the end of this season.

Informed of Riley's statement before the game, Marion said, "That's good to hear, but I told you I'm not talking about it anymore. I'm done."

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Raptors were dumb for trading Ford and Hibbert for a 20 mill a year guy putting up 13/7. And this deal doesn't solve their need for outside shooting really.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They don't really need outside shooting do they? Kapono, Parker, Bargnani, Calderon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%