Jazz Owner Slams Boozer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jazz owner Larry Miller slammed Boozer in his weekly radio appearance on KFAN 1320, saying, "It's one of the top 10 stupidest things I've heard an NBA player do in 20 years."

The talk of opt-out clauses was good for a laugh or two. Williams cracked that he'd already decided to opt out of his new extension in 2012. Matt Harpring joked that Mehmet Okur was set to sign a 10-year, $200 million contract with a Turkish team this summer.

Jazz coach Jerry Sloan, however, was disappointed by Boozer's comments, which again brought up the subject of personal agendas this season. As many as nine Jazz players could be free agents after the season.

"If he had came and asked me and talked to me about it, I would give him what I think is common-sense advice," Sloan said. "But players have to be who they are. I can't legislate who they are and what they're about."

http://blogs.sltrib.com/jazz/2008/12/boozer-fallout.htm

Him saying that was dumb. But damn Larry seems pissed

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man I hope we don't sign him.
And if we do I just hope we save half our money for 2010..

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even though I HATE the Jazz owner for personal reasons, he was right here. Boozer was dumb whenever you have a playoff team, to say what he said, is like you don't care about this season and you think your team isn't good enough.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Good player, but isn't too loyal. He proved that when he left Cleveland and now with Utah... I wonder how Deron Williams about him saying this.

It's a good thing they have Millsap. Yes, he'll be a free agent too, but they'll re-sign him. He's been really good with Boozer out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%