Jazz dealing Kirilenko?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Recent reports from the Salt Lake Tribune suggest that the Utah Jazz may be on the verge of dealing Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur or Andrei Kirilenko.

The logic behind dealing one of the three rests on the fact that the Jazz front office is 'leery' about exceeding the luxury tax threshold.

Though nobody within the organization will admit to it, the Jazz most likely prefer to deal Kirilenko, if anyone. Kirilenko no longer appears to be happy in Utah and though he and Jerry Sloan managed to put their differences aside last season, something tells me that had Utah not won so many games, things would have been different.

Bottom line is that Kirilenko prefers his unstructured style of play that he is allowed to run with while playing with the Russian National Team. The same style of play not only doesn't work in Utah's offense but is also disallowed by Sloan, thus making "AK47" unhappy with his role in the Jazz offense. -AE

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they should hold on to Boozer.

The Williams/Boozer combo is as good as any in the league, and Kirilenko is one of the more overrated players in the league right now.

.loggie

Reaction score
they might as well trade him. didnt he ask for a trade last off-season? i find hes not consistent enough in the NBA. maybe he should head for europe when his contracts up

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he's a scoring option he'll do fine. His contract makes him look overrated(it's so high and he only gets like13ppg), if he gets traded to a team where he'd be the 2nd option he'll look like a allstar again.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pistons make any type of deal I could see them going after AK47. Defensive player, can score in the right offense.

I wouldn't mind it, but I doubt AK gets traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%