Jackson Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Appearing in New York with Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson said he does not want to return to the Warriors this season.

"I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave," Jackson said.

Jackson said the Warriors have been made aware of his desire to be traded.

"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.

Jackson listed the Cavs, any of the teams in Texas and the Knicks as his preferred destinations.
Kind of lame. Warriors treated him like a superstar there.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he goes to the Cavs, than damn.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You cant blame him though, Golden St doesnt know what direction they want to go in, seems like they want to be the first team to start 5 guards.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You cant blame him though, Golden St doesnt know what direction they want to go in, seems like they want to be the first team to start 5 guards.
True that. I wouldn't really want to play for GS either.

Interesting to see if he does end up somewhere else though.
I can sort of imagine him in San Antonio, but they don't have much to offer.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what cheato says about this.

I know if I was him I'd want out too, GL doesn't look like they will ever be a winning team.

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
i was just thinking outta the teams he preferred. but you're right.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If he gets bought out or traded and he does go to Portland, they would have a stacked team.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Dez doesn't take it the wrong way but if he's looking for a championship why would he want to play for the Knicks? I find that ironic about him complaining.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Knicks have Al on their team and they seem to be close friends, maybe that would be the reason for him wanting to play there?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"I really can't get too much into it right now, but I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship,"

He should have said I just want to play with Al or compete for a title lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea well he didn't and I'd still say he only wants to play in NY since Al is there..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hope Dez doesn't take it the wrong way but if he's looking for a championship why would he want to play for the Knicks? I find that ironic about him complaining.
Just found this. To clear it up.

Dime: You made a big declaration earlier today by saying you wanted out of Golden State. When did you decide this?
Stephen Jackson: It’s not about a decision I made. It’s just things are in the air right now. I really can’t get too much into it right now, but I’m just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship.

Dime: Are the Warriors aware of this?
SJ: Yeah they all know.

Dime: Is there anywhere specifically you want to go?
SJ: Either Cleveland, anywhere in Texas or out here with Al in New York.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well then that makes more sense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you didn't know what he meant then you aren't as smart as I would have thought.
In the first article it said he just wanted to play for a contender...

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland isn't a likely destination for Stephen Jackson, who has shockingly requested a trade from Golden State.

Jackson has multiple years left on his contract, which the Cleveland Plain Dealer believes will shy the Cavaliers away from a trade.

"Due to the contract alone, it seems unlikely the Cavs would want Jackson and the four years left on his deal, even if he's a quality player," Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer wrote.

"It is true that Mike Brown is close with Jackson and helped turn his career around when the two were together in Indiana. But Jackson's actions and behavior over the last few years have red-flagged him. I guess you never say never, but it doesn't seem to be a good fit."

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The talk around Dallas suggests Don Nelson is interested in discussing a trade with the Dallas Mavericks involving the disgruntled Stephen Jackson. Nelson may be interested in dealing the guard for a package of expiring contracts. Nelson may also be willing to part ways with guard Monta Ellis due to the coach's interest in giving rookie Stephen Curry plenty of playing time.

Via Dallasbasketball.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%