Isiah on Marbury's return to Knicks: 'I don't know'

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From ESPN.com
Isiah Thomas' confidence in Stephon Marbury's return to the New York Knicks this season appears to be waning.

In a media availability at practice on Thursday, Thomas was asked if Marbury will return to the Knicks at all this season.

"I don't know," Thomas said.

A little more than 24 hours ago at the Knicks morning shootaround in Orlando, Thomas said the Knicks are "expecting Marbury back at some point in time this year."

Marbury has missed eight of the Knicks' last 12 games as he grieves the death of his father, Don. Thomas and the Knicks have given Marbury as much time as he needs.

"Our organization speaks with him daily," Thomas said. "It is very safe to say he is having a very difficult time with this."

Thomas says that Marbury has permission to not be with the team. That differs from a situation earlier this season, when Marbury left the Knicks before a game at Phoenix, reportedly after he confronted Thomas over his demotion from the starting lineup.

The Knicks and Marbury still disagree over whether Thomas gave Marbury permission to leave the team. That move cost Marbury nearly $200,000 in fines, a decision Marbury is appealing. On Wednesday, Thomas said the Knicks would not reconsider the fine.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If I were Marbury, I don't know that I'd be so anxious in going back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%