#TeamHeat
Reaction score
I kind think they are a little over protecting the QB's buts thats just me

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No.

I understand that sometimes ish happens during the game but I 100% agree with the NFL's rules regarding shots to a quarterback's head and roughing the passer. It all boils down to hitting a quarterback when a quarterback is in no position to defend themselves.

The NFL's rules about when and how to hit a quarterback are nearly the same as rules against hitting the longsnapper.

My biggest problem with the NFL is this BS "illegal contact" rule.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I think they are. I mean, I understand that they want to prevent injuries to players, but QB`s get hit, it`s just the way things happen. Yes, some tend to take advantage of the QB, when they are at their most vulnerable, but not every player is like that. Just like when the "horse collar" rule came in effect, it was mainly because of the repeated offenses of former-Cowboys Saftey Roy Williams. Just like with the Steelers, nothing against these guys, and everyone likes to hit other players, but most of the incidents that happened that injured players, were from Steelers defenders, and the occasional Hines Ward hit. Which is fine, up to a point.

rivers17ncsu

Reaction score
I said No, especially with the new rule they put in. From what Ive heard, the hit that they outlawed because of the Brady/Palmer incidents are tackles where the risk of injury is way higher then other tackles.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
I said yes, but there are some cheap hits, like the Brady/Palmer one. The NFL is just protecting the QB's so each team has a chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%