Ioannis Bourousis

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I am letting you Cavs fans know about this because maybe you don't know yet. Olympiacos Piraeus player Ioannis Bourousis was supposed to have a meeting with the team owners today. He had already delayed the meeting several times. He did not show up and instead sent just his agent to the meeting.

At the meeting the owners of the club offered a huge contract, about the same as $8 million per season in the NBA would be and for 4 years. The agent refused the contract and gave Bourousis' demands. Unless he becomes the highest paid player in Europe and gets a bigger contract than Josh Childress has, he is going to the NBA.

He can sign with either the San Antonio Spurs or the Cleveland Cavaliers who are both willing to give him the MLE and make him their starting center. It seems to be that Olympiacos is not willing to give Bourousis more than they have already offered. So basically, there is as things stand now, a good chance that Bourousis plays with the Spurs or Cavs next year.
Someone posted it at a forum I go to.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Is this the "Baby Shaq" Greek player?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont know much about him but they had a similar article on RealGM:

A Greek Web site has linked both the Cavaliers an Spurs to Ioannis Bourousis, a 6-foot-11 center who is a star of Euroleague power Olympiakos.

Bourousis, who was named to the Euroleague First Team, is a free agent and is fielding some interest from NBA teams.

But according to a source, Olympiakos is prepared to make him an offer of around $2 million Euros tax free and that is more than any NBA team, including the Cavs, would probably be willing to offer.
Im going to do a little research on the dude...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And nah Mexi thats Sofoklis Schortanitis (spelled wrong)

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol

Varejao and Matt Bonner start for the cavs and spurs

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Varejao doesn't start at Center, and he wasn't a starter until an injury, do some research.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I remember when Pavel Podkolzin was the "Russian Shaq"

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
don't even start.

Is he better then Big Z? Or would he start at PF?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently he is a more athletic version of Ilgauskas. He excels in the pick and roll game, he has a nice perimeter shot and he can finish down low, good defender, better rebounder then Ilgauskas. At least from what I've read.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Varejao doesn't start at Center, and he wasn't a starter until an injury, do some research.
oh because this dude is better than Z?
your gonna bench Z?
just because he's 6'11 and listed at C, doesnt mean he has to play C

thats all i meant

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Finger wagging after a block? D-bag

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he might be 7 foot or 7'1, not completely sure, I have looked around and he has been listed at different heights. He looks like he is better then Ilgauskas so there is no doubt in my mind he would start. But we might not even get him, it is just a rumor.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
its a highlight video

anyone could look like the greatest player on earth in a highlight video

i dont have an opinion though. i've never seen him play.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's not just a highlight video.. He is said to be athletic for his size and has good range.. If he has range like Ilgauskas and isn't nearly as slow he would be more effective. And he has a large wing span and is a good shot blocker.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Isnt Olympiacos the same team that signed Childress?

If it is then they have money to grant his wishes, but I would like to see him in the NBA just for the fact he's a top player over in Europe.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The snip cheato posted said that he would need more than what Childress signed for to stay over there. I think that was 2/21M US dollars
He already turned down 8M USD a year which is crazy.

IDK. I mean I don't know anybody who is an NBA guy, but I just can't see an NBA team like the Spurs and Cavs giving him the full MLE. But thats just my gut talking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%