Houston Is Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The comeback of Allan Houston lasted one week and one game. The Knicks announced today that they will waive former the All-Star shooting guard.

In a press release handed out at the Knicks' open practice at Hofstra University yesterday, Houston said he decided to end his comeback, feeling it was unfair to the team because he needed more time to get into game shape than they Knicks had to give.

"I think it is better for the team to move on without me," Houston said in the release.
Well, that knocks one old man out of the league lol. But that's to bad for him, I liked watching this guy.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn, I know he really wanted to comeback....but he's tryna play it off by saying what he said.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I told you guys he wasn't gonna make the team...

The reason people said he was gonna make it was b/c its a feel good story. He was forced to retire b/c of his knee. Now he feels better but just isnt in the best shape, I think he should still try to play. He can still contribute to a team.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The reason people said he was gonna make it was b/c its a feel good story. He was forced to retire b/c of his knee. Now he feels better but just isnt in the best shape, I think he should still try to play. He can still contribute to a team.
He retired because he physically couldn't do it anymore... After taking a year off, of course he's going to feel better, because he didn't have to go through another 82 game season. He's two years older than he was last time he was in the league, and he wasn't able to get up and down the floor then, how is he suppose to magically be able to do that now that he's older? He only feels in good shape now, because he missed an entire season and was able to rest, if he were to play this season he'd end up right back where he was when he retired.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Hooray now sign Nichols!

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He retired because he physically couldn't do it anymore... After taking a year off, of course he's going to feel better, because he didn't have to go through another 82 game season. He's two years older than he was last time he was in the league, and he wasn't able to get up and down the floor then, how is he suppose to magically be able to do that now that he's older? He only feels in good shape now, because he missed an entire season and was able to rest, if he were to play this season he'd end up right back where he was when he retired.

He retired b/c of his knee surgery, not beacuse he couldnt cut it anymore. There is a HUGE difference, Houston never depended on any athleticism anyways. Just Pure Shooting

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What a surprise :rolleyes:

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He retired b/c of his knee surgery, not beacuse he couldnt cut it anymore. There is a HUGE difference, Houston never depended on any athleticism anyways. Just Pure Shooting
Umm... You have to be able to get up and down the floor and move around to play basketball, he can no longer do so...

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Umm... You have to be able to get up and down the floor and move around to play basketball, he can no longer do so...
the clips I saw in the one game he played, yea he seemed out of it, but it wasnt something a little conditioning wouldnt help. Fact is many Knicks fans wanted to see him back, I HIGHLY doubt he cared what any other fans felt about his comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%