Harrison: Not Retiring Yet

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Former Colts WR Marvin Harrison, now a free agent, said he has no plans to retire and that he wants to play in 2009, according to his agent, Tom Condon.

The problematic knee that has limited some of Harrison’s speed and overall effectiveness the past two seasons hasn’t been an issue either, Condon said.

“I played in 15 games last year and a playoff game, and I intend to play again this season,” Condon said Harrison told him in a conversation Thursday afternoon.

Harrison, who turns 37 in August, was released by the Colts after the 2008 season, in large part for salary-cap relief. Harrison, who didn’t agree to a restructured contract, was scheduled to count more than $13 million against the Colts’ 2009 cap.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/05/07/agent-marv...ning-to-retire/

I'm glad hes still staying around. I think he has a good chance to be with a few teams. I dont really know what hes got left in the tank but its enough to make some sort of impact as long as he can stay healthy.

If hes healthy and feels good, why not stay?

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm glad he's staying too. Love the guy. Wonder where he'll sign?

Air Frank™

Reaction score
glad that he isnt.i could see the jets going for him if they have the cap.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
What I found most perplexing in the NFL recently is how fast Harrison dropped off. One day he is a Top 3 receiver in the league, the next day he gets injured and comes back. But he's just not the same and just how quickly it happened still baffles me today.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's because that one step back in the NFL makes such a HUGE difference. The guy in front of you is just a step ahead of you, he takes a step back and you're just as good. Idk..

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Glad to see that he is still sticking around. I didn`t think he would retire this year, and well obviously he`s not.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
As much as I don't like the Colts, he has been one of my favorite players in the NFL over the years

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I wonder w.e happened with him and that gun incident.....

lost a little bit of respect for him after that.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really thought Marvin would end up with his hometown Eagles but drafting Jeremy Maclin kinda changes that outlook.

Not exactly sure where he will sign but I would take him with wide open arms in Minnesota. The guys has been slowed by injury & age, nothing supernatural, but don't tell me he still cant be an effective WR. The guy just has way too much God-given ability.

Either way, he will come at a huge discount.

vikesfan

Reaction score
I really thought Marvin would end up with his hometown Eagles but drafting Jeremy Maclin kinda changes that outlook.

Not exactly sure where he will sign but I would take him with wide open arms in Minnesota. The guys has been slowed by injury & age, nothing supernatural, but don't tell me he still cant be an effective WR. The guy just has way too much God-given ability.

Either way, he will come at a huge discount.
If he keeps his guns in his gun rack, I would welcome him with open arms too lol

Crunkbuc4d1

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of teams that would love to add him to their roster as a 3rd receiver. But something tells me his ego will never allow him to settle for such a minimal role. Like FS said, it was only 3 years ago that he was considered the gold standard for receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%