Grizz offer AI another contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwp

Reaction score
Free agent Allen Iverson said via Twitter Wednesday that the Grizzlies have made him another offer.
"Agent informed me that Memphis made us an offer on yesterday. Stay tuned," he wrote. Iverson has been linked to the Grizzlies for some time now, which is a little disturbing for the outlooks of O.J. Mayo and Mike Conley. The Grizzlies reportedly originally made Iverson a one-year, $5 million offer, but he was also said to have interest from Miami and Charlotte.
-roto

He should take the money while its out there. If he does go to the Grizz, AI would really help the young guards there.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd like to see him go to Charlotte, and maybe he could do something there like he did with Philly. BTW, did Chandler actually get traded for Okafor?

uwp

Reaction score
Yeah, Okafor was sent to New Orleans in exchange for Chandler. Chandler is nothing without CP3, but AI could still make him a decent player if AI does choose to go to Charlotte.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yes Oak got traded for Chandler lol.

And AI might help the young guard learn ways to score but everything else he brings will just stunt their growth. This is another bad move in terms of basketball for Memphis, but in terms of money and ticket sales it needs to get done asap.

uwp

Reaction score
An update:

Wondering whether Allen Iverson will actually join the Grizzlies?

The free-agent guard sure talks a good game.

Iverson, 34, indicated Thursday on his Twitter account that he is close to accepting the Grizzlies' latest offer.

Iverson wrote that "Memphis is a place that I would love to play. The Grizzlies have good young players with a great upside. I love the city of Memphis too.

"I would lead by example. I could show how important it is to work hard everyday, play the game the right way, & just like it's your last!"

The Griz made their second offer of the summer to Iverson on Tuesday, trying to lure the dynamic scorer with a one-year deal that starts at $3.5 million and is loaded with incentives."
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/...phis-grizzlies/

Looks like A.I. is ready to be a member of the Grizz. Solid signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%