Golden State News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Warriors and Bobcats have had discussions about Raymond Felton, an NBA source told the Observer. Golden State would send either Brandan Wright or Anthony Randolph.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins would neither confirm, nor deny, talks with the Warriors involving Felton.
The Golden State Warriors were reportedly considering buying out Marcus Williams, but instead waived forward Richard Hendrix to make room for Monta Ellis.

Ellis had been on the suspended list and is now on their inactive list.

Golden State's roster now is at 15.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Could Raymond Felton end up a Golden State Warrior, in a trade that might acquire Anthony Randolph or Brandan Wright?

The Warriors and Bobcats have had discussions about Felton, an NBA source told the Observer, and the Warriors appear open to giving up either Randolph or Wright to make a deal work.

Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins would neither confirm, nor deny, talks with the Warriors involving Felton. Higgins came to the Bobcats two years ago from a similar role with the Warriors.

There's considerable incentive for both teams to consider such a trade:

The Bobcats face the possibility of losing Felton without compensation after this season, when he becomes a restricted free agent. They chose not to sign him to a contract extension last summer, after drafting another point guard, D.J. Augustin, with the ninth overall pick.

Augustin has blossomed of late, scoring 29 points and totaling seven assists in an overtime victory Tuesday against the Chicago Bulls. Augustin outplayed Bulls point guard Derrick Rose, the No.1 overall pick.

That could leave the Bobcats with a dilemma in July, should another NBA team offer Felton a lucrative offer sheet.

At that point, the Bobcats would either match that contract and possibly overpay a player who could end up a reserve or potentially lose a player chosen fifth overall in 2005, without compensation.

Meanwhile, the Warriors have an abundance of forwards and a need for Felton's toughness and playmaking. The Warriors lost Baron Davis to the Los Angeles Clippers in free agency, and are still searching for help at the point.

Felton might not be a pure point guard, but he would free up Monta Ellis (once Ellis recovers from an offseason scooter accident), to be a scorer at shooting guard.

Randolph, a multi-skilled but spindly forward out of Louisiana State, auditioned well enough that he was at least in the discussion when the Bobcats made the ninth selection.

Wright was the player the Bobcats chose on the Warriors' behalf, after working out a deal to acquire shooting guard Jason Richardson on draft day 2007

Felton makes enough this season ($4.15million) that the Bobcats could acquire Randolph and Wright, and the salaries would match within NBA rules.

But since Randolph and Wright are similar, it would make sense for the Bobcats to take one, plus something else that would offer them salary-cap relief.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/story/421713.html

They should try to deal maggette. And oh yeah how many guards do you damn need

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I posted this in Golden State News, so I'm moving it there.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Aw my bad pugz i didnt even notice you posted this.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Golden State Warriors were reportedly considering buying out Marcus Williams, but instead waived forward Richard Hendrix to make room for Monta Ellis.

Ellis had been on the suspended list and is now on their inactive list.

Golden State's roster now is at 15.
I hope the Kings claim this guy.
I wanted them to draft him in the 2nd.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I hope GSW get Felton. This might help Felton reach a new level that he hasn't reached in CHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%