Gerald Wallace a King again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From espn.com
The Bobcats' ongoing attempts to acquire a true big man to partner with Emeka Okafor have led them to propose the return of Gerald Wallace to the Kings, according to NBA front office sources.
The Bobcats, sources said, want Brad Miller in return. But the Kings, I'm told, are highly unlikely to bite. They've had some interest in recent years in reacquiring Wallace -- who has blossomed into a versatile, productive swingman at both ends since he was claimed by Charlotte in the 2004 expansion draft -- but they also have a surplus of wing players at present … too many to take on the four years and nearly $40 million left on Wallace's contract after this season.
Um, why wouldn't the Kings do this trade i'm wondering

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We would need to add one of our wings and get something in return I would think. So basically make it a multiple player trade involving our wings?

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

We would need to add one of our wings and get something in return I would think. So basically make it a multiple player trade involving our wings?

Wow greg..

.loggie

Reaction score
wtf is Kings management thinking? i'd do this right away

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
While Wallace is available for the right player in return, I'm told from a source close to the Bobcats that Miller does not fit that bill if it's up to Larry Brown. ... If it's up to Brown, though, he wants a more traditional big who can bang and do damage in the post. On the other side, the Kings aren't looking to take on the $38 million remaining over the next four seasons on Wallace's contract when wing players are far from a problem on their roster. I'd be more inclined to keep an eye on the Chicago situation in which Miller could go there and the Kings would likely have their eyes on Drew Gooden, Joakim Noah, and perhaps Tyrus Thomas.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
And if I was Bulls I wouldn't be interested. Gooden is just as good if not better then Miller, and both Thomas and Noah bring energy to the team and are fan favorites

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Kings should have jumped on this the first time they found out the Bobcats were interested.

These type of moves, make you a better team.

Salmons - Martin - Wallace - Thompson- Hawes

Looks good to me, forget about his contract, they arent going to get anything better in FAcy

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
whatever pic your trying to post Greg, it's a dead link lol

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man this would have been nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%