Four teams that could shapre the trade deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
As Feb. 19 approaches, here are four teams that will assuredly shape the trade deadline.

Chicago Bulls: Bulls GM John Paxson is under pressure to change the team’s failed chemistry and everyone short of Derrick Rose and Luol Deng appears to be on the block.

The Bulls have talked to multiple teams about moving Larry Hughes and his contract (more than $26 million over this season and next), but have found little they’ve liked in return. The Bulls do have young players who intrigue teams, including Ben Gordon, Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas. Perhaps the most tradable player is guard Kirk Hinrich.

Dallas Mavericks: The Mavericks are clearly willing to trade Josh Howard, the enigmatic forward, before he does something else to lower his value. Because there is a team option on the final season of his contract in 2010-2011, his deal is especially attractive to franchises looking to clear cap space for the summer of 2010. The Mavericks have shown interest in Sacramento’s Brad Miller and Miami’s Marion.

New York Knicks: The Knicks have sent out signals to rival executives that they’re willing to move forward David Lee, who will command a rich extension this summer. Malik Rose’s expiring contract ($7.6 million) has value, too.

Sacramento Kings: Brad Miller, the 7-footer, is an attractive target for Western Conference teams searching for the size to overtake the Los Angeles Lakers. The Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs have interest, but don’t have the combination of young players and expiring contracts that the Kings want, league executives say. Guard John Salmons could move before the deadline, too.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they were a fifth team added in the main part of the article, but I didnt want to post the whole thing. lol

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Um, Raptors and Heat too? Its not as if Marion is going to get traded or anything is it? And its not as if everyone thinks Carlos Boozer will be a Heat....dude before seasons end?

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We need to make moves, Id hate to see Lee go, but it is what it is.

I would like to see us package Lee and Curry in a deal, regardless we need an athletic big man and more bodies so i could see a Lee for Lesser Talented players deal... I hope not.... but i think its going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%