Fernandez joining the Blazers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Guard Rudy Fernandez said Friday that he plans to leave his Spanish ACB League team to join the Portland Trail Blazers.

Fernandez made the announcement at a news conference in Spain. The Trail Blazers can not comment, because of league rules, until he signs with the team on July 1.

"It has not been easy for me to take this decision, but it is the moment to face new challenges," Fernandez said. "Now, I have the chance to fulfill a dream and become part of the NBA."

The 6-foot-6 shooting guard averaged 21.2 points, 4.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds for DKV Joventut Badalona this past season.

The 24th overall pick in the 2007 NBA draft by the Phoenix Suns, he was acquired by Portland for cash considerations.

Fernandez will make about $900,000 his rookie season because of NBA rules, about half of what he would have made with his Spanish team.

He is a friend of Trail Blazers guard Sergio Rodriguez, also from Spain.
Good pick up I think. They will have a killer team next year if everyone stays healthy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think if everyone is healthy the Blazers can make the playoffs next season..

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Me to, and higher than a #8 seed to.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think their fate lies in the hand of Greg Oden though.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh...partly. If he comes out and plays real good, they will be real good. But Frye and Aldridge are still there, and they aren't bad. Frye was really coming around towards the end of the season, and Aldridge was on fire early on in the season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
But when you have Greg Oden, who is suppose to be the next big thing in big men. And suppose to be a future HOFer even without touching the court, I think he will be the X-factor.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, but he didn't show me anything in last years summer league. Sure he got his tonsils out and I think rested his knee for a game or 2, but still the games he played in were not what I was expecting, but I think he'll do much better next year.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Guys, I know their roster looks good but the West is tough as nails, don't count on anything...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well he was injured obviously before he got the surgery and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%