Felton a Mav?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From the boston globe and hoopshype
An NBA source said a three-team trade is in the works that would include Oklahoma City sending guard Earl Watson to Charlotte, Dallas sending center DeSagana Diop to Charlotte, and Charlotte guard Raymond Felton going to Dallas.’’
By the looks of it we would win, but I don't get it. I mean we already have Kidd and Barea at the PG. And without Diop who is our backup center?

So IDK really

but it would get us out of diop's contract

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah...You don't really win Maple lol. You get the best player, but it doesn't help you that much.

Maybe Cuban has no intentions to bring Kidd back. Felton is going to be your future starting PG.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This was also in ESPN's daily dime for today

• A few execs have told me the Mavericks have passed Toronto as the team currently pushing hardest to make a trade. And the growing sense I get is that the Mavericks, for all their stated reluctance to do so, are prepared to move Josh Howard before the deadline if they can bring back the wing explosiveness and/or post scoring that we've mentioned before as areas of concern in Dallas.

Just days ago, I didn't think so. I saw the prospect of moving Howard as highly unlikely. My feeling was Dallas would continue to shop Jerry Stackhouse's cap-friendly contract and Brandon Bass' and DeSagana Diop's unfriendly contracts, hoping that the Stackhouse-and-Bass combination would eventually net something positive.

Yet in the course of all those aggressive calls, sources say Howard's name is coming up more and more, either because of the interest of teams on the other end of the line or the Mavs' growing willingness to consider another shake-up.

"Dallas is talking to everyone," one rival exec said.

The Mavs' acquisition of the selfless Jason Kidd in February and the coaching switch from Avery Johnson to Rick Carlisle were supposed to help Howard more than any Mav. But they haven't. You can attribute some of his struggles to a nagging ankle injury, but Howard has strangely never flourished alongside Kidd and isn't playing with the bounce that made him an All-Star, leading some folks in town to wonder whether he'd rather be elsewhere.

But if that's the case, Howard hasn't let on. Nor are the Mavs likely to rush into anything if they don't get the offer they want.

That's because Dallas is convinced that Howard's very reasonable salary this season ($10.4 million) and next ($11.4 million) and the $12.3 million team option held by the Mavs for the 2010-11 season -- all attractive contract details -- combine to negate any trade value the 28-year-old has squandered through declining production and off-the-court transgressions.

jarrod2323

The Godfather
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I can't see why Charlotte thinks Felton is only worth Diop and Watson.. and what does OKC get in the deal? sounds like someone who just wants Felton in Dallas

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
A) Bobcats wanted Diop in the offseason and were set on offering the same deal he got in Dallas. They want a young defensive minded center. That has been well documented. And Larry Brown loves DJ Augustine and wants to play him more. And Felton has been in his way. With this move, Augustin starts with Watson coming off the bench.

B) Thunder aren't going anywhere really. And the Bobcats and Mavs can put a combination of young talents to the Thunder. I've heard Adam Morrison + Shawne Williams.

C) I also heard Joe Smith might be involved in this deal, not sure where. Also Stackhouse also might be involved.

Here's an article one of the Mavs beat writers did on a deal. He said that the Bargnani deal was most likely BS. But this one makes since for all sides.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=1226

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mavs should focas on moving Josh, he'd get them more.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
These trade rumors can affect how Diop plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%