Edmonton Oilers Get First Overall Pick...... Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
TORONTO -- The Edmonton Oilers will pick first overall in the NHL draft for a second straight year.

The New Jersey Devils won the draft lottery Tuesday but teams aren't allowed to move up more than four spots, leaving Edmonton with the first overall pick.

The Devils will pick fourth, the New York Islanders fifth and the Ottawa Senators were bumped down to the sixth spot, with Colorado and Florida falling in order at second and third, respectively.

After finishing its season in 30th place, Edmonton held the highest odds of getting the No. 1 pick at 48.2 per cent.

"Winning this first overall pick is an important moment for the organization and it's an integral part of the process moving forward," said Oilers GM Steve Tambellini.

"This is a very exciting time for our organization and our fans as this just adds to the already bright future of our team."

The NHL draft is scheduled for June 24-25 in St. Paul, Minn., where Ryan Nugent-Hopkins of the WHL's Red Deer Rebels is expected to be taken No. 1 overall.

Edmonton selected winger Taylor Hall with last year's first pick.
TSN

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Adam Larsson would be my pick...but I don't know who they'll possibly go with.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
They need defense a lot, but I think they'll go with Nugent-Hopkins. Their top six could be deadly.

Mooche

Reaction score
This team is going to be absolutely balling in a few seasons time. Taylor Hall is going to be a freak, and they are just flat out loaded with young talent to go around.

Going to be a fun team to watch too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%