Dungy will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Tony Dungy will return for a seventh season, and possibly more, as the Indianapolis Colts head coach.

"I'm here to announce that Tony Dungy is still our coach," team owner Jim Irsay said this afternoon at a press conference at the team's West 56th Street facility.

Dungy informed the team today of his decision, which was arrived at after he consulted with his wife, Lauren, at the family’s home in Tampa, Fla.

"I'm happy to be back," Dungy said, calling it "mutual decision" between him and his wife. "My whole family's happy."

Irsay also confirmed that associate head coach Jim Caldwell, 53, would replace Dungy when Dungy decides to leave.

Dungy, 52, is the winningest coach in Colts history with an 80-28 record and directed the franchise to its first Super Bowl championship in 36 years last February. He became the first African-American coach to lead a team to a Super Bowl title when the Colts defeated the Chicago Bears 29-17.

Dungy’s decision comes as something of a surprise. He contemplated retirement after the past couple of seasons, and conceded he was leaning in that direction before Super Bowl XLI before changing his mind and returning for a sixth season.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...3/80121040/1100

Maybe he's trying to go out on top. Don't know why he didn't leave last year though.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Im glad hes coming back. Hes one of my fave coaches.

Mooche

Reaction score
Wow, great news for the Colts. He has been the leader of the team and as long as he is our coach we will be a damn competitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%