Donaghy bet on more than 100 games he worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From espn.com
Former NBA referee Tim Donaghy bet on more than 100 games that he worked, federal prosecutors said in a court filing Friday, according to media reports.

Donaghy pleaded guilty last year to charges he conspired to engage in wire fraud and transmitted betting information through interstate commerce. He was alleged to have given a pair of gamblers inside information, including tips on which crews would officiate games and how the various officials and players interacted, and collected $5,000 if his picks were correct.

According to court filings, Donaghy bet on about 30 games each season starting in 2003 and 14 games during the 2006-2007 season, the New York Post reported.

Donaghy, who started placing bets on NBA games in 2003, is now scheduled to be sentenced on July 14.

"The government's investigation revealed that Donaghy provided picks for anywhere from 30 to 40 games for each of those three seasons," Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Goldberg said in a letter filed Friday at U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, according to the New York Daily News.

Two other men who were high school classmates with Donaghy, James Battista and Thomas Martino, have pleaded guilty to their role in the scheme.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
am i the only one who doesnt care?

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I used to care but idc really. I don't think he made to many biased calls. I mean he was considered as a pretty good ref when he was reffing. So he did it cleverly.

.loggie

Reaction score
wow, i didnt know it was going on since 2003. i just thought it was the last 1 or 2 seasons.

AirForceFlash_3

MLB Co-Comish/FSU Class of 2014!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Same here. The more news that comes out the worse and I just don't want to hear it anymore. Why can't they just lay this to rest already?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yea, I don't care either. He's out of the NBA is all I care about...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm with you too, it's getting really annoying hearing about this dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%