Do teams still want Lance Stephenson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
His stock has fallen farther than GM. Once the most-hyped recruit in the country, Lance Stephenson enters June without a school, without much hype and with many in recruiting circles saying he's not worth the trouble. This begs the question: Does anybody still want Lance Stephenson?

Steve Yanda asked as much in The Washington Post this morning. It's partial hyperbole -- of course somebody will still take Stephenson, but for a guy whose college choice commanded national attention two months ago, Yanda argues that the suitors are far less in number than they once were. It's not as much where Stephenson wants to go, but which program will take him.

The questions aren't about Stephenson's game, but about the off-court issues. He seems to be the guy that every coach would rather be somebody else's problem. Between the pending criminal charge, questions about amateur status and the general sense that where Stephen goes drama follows, he just might not be worth it. Gary Williams, for instance, is desperate to sign a big-time national recruit. Will putting up with a possible Stephenson-headache be worth it for next season?
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/bl...rn=ncaab,167162

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just saw this on yahoo, but its a shame that his antics got him here, Lance needs to prioritize or he'll end up like Lenny Cooke, I would still love to get him to come to St. Johns, especially if its true that many of the top schools are backing away.

I read that his father said he's narrowed his choices down to Maryland and another school I forget who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%