Did Nuggets Reject Offer For Melo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Nuggets reportedly rejected a trade offer from the Pistons that would have sent Tayshaun Prince and Chauncey Billups to Denver for Carmelo Anthony, according to The Detroit Free Press.

The Nuggets want to bring Billups back to his hometown while the Pistons are looking to acquire the services of Anthony to help shake up their roster.

ESPN.com initially reported the story, also saying that the Nuggets countered the rejected deal with an offer of Allen Iverson or a package including Marcus Camby. However, the Pistons only seem interested in acquiring Anthony.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind acquiring AI. I mean it would be for a couple of seasons and maybe we could get a ship out of it.

Iverson,Rip,whoever,McDyess,Sheed.

Sounds good enough, but it says we weren't interested in AI and I read somewhere else that the Nuggets weren't going to trade AI.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Meh, IDK who Detroit will go after now..

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AI is the type of player that I want, and this proves(if it's true) that teams WILL deal superstars and that we want superstars. But if we tuned this down then I don't know if we'll even get a deal done... Only time will tell, but I want a deal done soon.

Grandy28

Victory!!!!
Reaction score
Guys,guys,guys. It's only been like a 2 weeks into the offseason. I see some draft night deals or around their. We'll get a deal done, might not be too big, but a deal will get done.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know, never said he wouldn't.
I think we will make a deal on draft night actually..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%