Devils win 4th in a Row

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Devils beat Panthers 5-2 for fourth win in a row, Sabres best Islanders 5-3
All of a sudden, the New Jersey Devils are showing serious signs of life. They’re that much closer to shedding the title of worst team in the NHL after they beat the Florida Panthers while the Buffalo Sabres defeated the New York Islanders.

New Jersey 5, Florida 2

The Devils earned their fourth win in a row and are an impressive 6-0-1 in their last seven games. They still own a league-low 35 points and trail eight ranked Atlanta by 20 points, but the NHL’s most disappointing team is showing signs of life.

Ilya Kovalchuk scored a goal and two assists, Jason Arnott notched two tallies and Brian Rolston scored a goal and an assist for New Jersey. Martin Brodeur stopped 24 out of 26 shots for his 10th win of the season. Both Scott Clemmensen and Jacob Markstrom appeared for the Panthers in this loss.

While New Jersey is on a four game winning streak, Florida lost four in a row.

-PHT
Just when I was beginning to get a little psyched for that first overall pick in the draft...here comes the Devils' winning ways. But seriously, I couldn't be happier this team is starting to mesh around Kovalchuk and find an identity. The Devils are playing some great team hockey and its just in time for me to back-fill all my sports attention that has been vacated by football.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Still not making the playoffs unfortunately :( I was pulling for them honestly. Marty needs one last cup before he goes home. I AM a Kovy hater however.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nah, we're 20 points outside of 8th. We'll climb back up the standings but I think it'll be a huge accomplishment to finish just outside of 9th in the east. I'll take it and snowball into next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%