Despite Blowout, Richardson Still Not Impressed By Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Quentin Richardson was not backing down from his remarks that he was not in "awe" of the Celtics' Big Three, one day after Boston beat the Knicks by 45 points.

"I don't really care if a big deal was made," Richardson said Friday. "I still believe the same thing that I believed before the game."

Kevin Garnett revealed after Thursday's game that Celtics coach Doc Rivers posted Richardson's comments in the team's locker room. Garnett said he and his teammates were motivated by Richardson's quotes.

"I'm a competitive athlete," Richardson added. "I'm not about to be afraid of anyone because they have three great players. Because they have Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, are we supposed to crawl into a corner and say we're afraid to play them? Go ask the other 29 teams and you show me a player that says he's afraid to go play them. I've never heard of that."
Haha what a dummie...

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Lmao, yes, he didn't think he would lose by 40+ points though lmao. Well he tried to be a hard-ass so he had to stick with what he said I guess.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Go ask the other 29 teams and you show me a player that says he's afraid to go play them. I've never heard of that.

Gotta agree with him there though. They aren't fans, everyone else are competitor's. If they're "scared" to play with the C's, get outta the NBA.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
It's one thing to be scared of, it's another to be impressed by...

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No duh, they're two completely different things. If he's not impressed he's not, and frankly, I'm not too impressed either. The Knicks are a messed up team that played the next day just to prove something.

The C's don't really have anything tough on their schedule until we're all the way down in January and February. I'm still waiting on them.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont know what happened, we are a much better team then we showed, the lack of ball movement and defensive intensity is what caused us the game (not to mention we shot under 30%)

but we let their role players beat us, which pisses me off. The next night we beat the Bucks when we were down 17, and last night we played a close game w/ the suns, we are a good team, its just lack of heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%