D'Antoni wants Marbs waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni reportedly wants to see point guard Stephon Marbury waived.

The New York Post reported early Sunday that D'Antoni wants the Knicks to cut ties with the controversial point guard.

The Knicks are responsible for Marbury's $21.9 million salary this season. If the club waives him, Marbury will likely clear waivers and become a free agent.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami Heat or Golden State here comes your next PG.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Good on D'Antoni. He is actually taking charge of New York, not playing Eddy Curry and whatnot.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Even though Ive disapproved of just about every move we've made, D'Antoni has impressed me with his mental toughness, I didnt think he had it in him, especially under those NY lights.'

D

DC4

#TeamHeat
Reaction score
Oh, If we get him then we are really contenders

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
Miami needs a big man, not a point guard... Chalmers is doing alright at point right now.

It'd be better if they could get something for Marbury, but nobody's going to offer anything if they hear they're going to release him. It would be even better if they could get a 3-team trade and get rid of Curry and Marbury at the same time.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stephon Marbury's days as a New York Knick could come to an end as soon as today, with the former star guard set to meet with Knick president Donnie Walsh either today or tomorrow, the New York Post is reporting.

Walsh said he wants a resolution ahead of the Knicks next game against Charlotte on Wednesday.

"I'm saying I got to get involved in this," Walsh said. "There aren't a lot of options."

The Knicks likely would try to re-sign Patrick Ewing Jr. if Marbury is cut.

Marbury is showing restraint, willing to let the Knicks set a timetable for the divorce, not wanting to say anything inflammatory to jeopardize matters.
Im guessing we are planning to waive him, I think its the best option.

Will be glad to have Ewing Jr. back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%