Dallas Looking at Jordan Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From draftexpress.com
Another interesting tidbit of information coming out of the NBA Combine in Chicago revolves around the Dallas Mavericks and potential interest they may have in Arizona power forward Jordan Hill. The rumor mill indicates that Dallas is seriously considering making a move to acquire the ultra athletic junior, and views him as exactly the type of tough, active rebounder they are missing in their frontcourt rotation at the moment. Brandon Bass currently fills that role for them, but they may not be able to keep him and still maintain ample cap space for 2010.

Hill’s measurements (6-9 ¼ without shoes, 7-1 ½ wingspan, 9-0 standing reach) in Chicago confirmed the notion many people had that he will have no problem seeing minutes at center in today’s NBA, particularly once he puts a little bit more weight on his frame.

One team that could reportedly help Dallas move up high enough to pick Hill is the Washington Wizards at #5, a team they already have a history with making draft-day deals. The two teams swapped Antawn Jamison for Jerry Stackhouse and the #4 pick (Devin Harris) back in 2004, a move that worked out well for both parties.

Dallas can offer either the non-guaranteed contract of Jerry Stackhouse to help the Wizards reduce payroll next year (while taking someone like Mike James or Etan Thomas off their hands) or they can help the Wizards by providing a veteran like Josh Howard or Jason Terry if it’s experience and scoring punch they are after. Either move would allow the Mavericks to stay flexible from a financial standpoint as they look towards the free agent class of 2010. They can also dangle their first round pick (#22).
From hoopsworld.com
Dallas Has Eyes For Jordan Hill: Jonathan Givony of Draft Express is reporting that the Dallas Mavericks are looking to move up from the 22nd spot in the June 25th NBA Draft, and are looking at options that could yield them Jordan Hill. The Mavericks will face a tough off season choice – do they open the checkbook for Brandon Bass or simply look at other ways to spend that money? League sources have maintained since the draft lottery that the Wizards are more interested in a proven veteran than an unproven rookie, regardless of the names on the board when they pick at #5. The belief is if Hill falls to #5, which is not a certainty, the Mavericks would be open to trading their #22 pick and a roster player, possibly Jerry Stackhouse for the chance to grab the 6'10 Hill who is a serious upgrade over Bass and a nice foundation piece going forward. Draft Express is speculating that a larger deal including Josh Howard could be in the works as well, suggesting that Howard and Stackhouse could be sent to Washington in exchange for an Etan Thomas/Jordan Hill package. A package of Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse gets awfully close cap-wise to a Mike James/Etan Thomas/Jordan Hill package. Thomas can not be traded until after July 1st, because of contact restrictions but that may not be a road block to a deal. Its worth keeping an eye on.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I like this for Dallas, Hill is a active player and will bring some of that needed toughness/rebounding to the Mavs front court. He can also put up points and will be a great compliment to Dirk and will have that ability to continue to play that hi/lo offense. But even better since he can step back and hit that 10-13 footer

Air Frank™

Reaction score
i heard that we might be looking at hill.but i want jennings.if jennings is not there i would trade

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd die for this to happen. Hill's got everything the Mavs need except for the correct position, because idk if he can play anything outside of the 4.

But he sounds like an energy guy who can score 10-15 PPG if he hits his potential <3

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he can be even better then that Maple, he was a 18 and 11 guy at Arizona as their 2nd option and he's still extremely raw. Theres really no telling how good this dude can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%