Create The Best Realistic Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Here are the rules

So here's the name of the game. Create the best realistic team you can possibly come up with. Realistic means that it is not absurdly stacked.

Here are some basic guidelines for how to make a team realistic:
1. Only one player on the team can ever have won an MVP award (unless you are specifying taking them at a different time in their career: ie. Bill Walton when he was a back-up with the Celtics).
2. One other player can have been an all-nba first team member in his career.
3. Two other players can have played at a level that makes them occasionally an all-star, but not all-nba team level (a third team selection or two is okay, but probably not second or first)
4. One other player can have made an all-star team once or twice, but not any more.
5. The rest of the players must have never made an all-star team or all-nba team. Furthermore, don't just try to cherry-pick the best players ever to not make an all-star team. You must take legitimate role players, not a bunch of starters.

PG- Prime Penny Hardaway Rule 2
SG-Michael Jordan Rule 1
SF- Bruce Bowen Role Player
PF- Pau Gasol rule 3
C- Rasheed Wallace rule 3

Bench Andre Iguodala, Michael Cooper, Derrick Rose, Marc Gasol, Joakim Noah

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is gonna be a good thread. Its gonna take me a while to come up with my team. Alot of thought needs to go into this.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
C Alonzo Mourning (rule 2)
F Al Jefferson (rule 4)
F Glen Rice (rule 3)
G Kobe Bryant (rule 1)
G Deron Williams (rule 3)

Illpost my bench later, Ill also post a few more line-ups as more and more players come to mind. But this is a great team IMO

You have great defense coming from Zo and Kobe, arguably the best shooter in the game in Rice, a great playmaker in DWill and a goto low post threat in Big Al who also plays solid D.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
That would be a tough matchup. MJ vs Bean. A young penny vs deron and then pau vs al.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah I really wanted to pick Penny too since he's one of my favorite of alltime, the next team I post will def have TMac though (Orlando days) I also thought about Charles Oakley for his defense and rebounding, but Jefferson popped into my head, and Zo had about 8-9 years where he averaged 20PPG

I really like that team, you have 5 guys who could easily score 20PPG and 2 great defenders.

Im anxious to see others teams as well, this was a great idea TYO. As long as they keep it realistic

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've done something kind of like this. Except I took a superstar player, and surrounded him with strictly role players. Hmm here's my go at this though:

C: Hakeem Olajuwon [Rule 1]
PF: David West [Rule 3]
SF: Shane Battier [Role Player]
SG: Tracy McGrady (Orlando Days) [Rule 2]
PG: Nick Van Exel [Rule 4]

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PG would be your weak spot rick. Deron and penny would give nick a hard time. Im not too sold on d-west handling al or pau either.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
My Squad

PG- Jason Kidd [Rule 2]
SG- Michael Jordan [Rule 1]
SF- Ron Artest [Rule 4]
PF- Carlos Boozer [Rule 3]
C- Arvydas Sabonis [Rule 4]

Bench-
PG- Byron Scott [Rule 5]
SG- Ron Harper [Rule 5]
SF- Lamar Odom [Rule 5]
PF-Detlef Schrempf [Rule 3]
C- Marcus Camby [Rule 5]

I defy someone to make a better team

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My bench would make your bench kill themselves.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Haha idk about that my dude, Ron Harper and Byron Scott ran <Censored>, Lamar Odom is good, Detleff Schrempf is <Censored>in dirty, for those of you that don't know him look up the stats, and Camby as a defender is sick

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
EH, I was trying not to be unfair lol
I had an incredibly tough time choosing my PF. Putting in AJ or Pau to work with Olajuwon and T-Mac is just too much star power for me IMO. D-West is an underrated defender though, he always gave Gasol fits. So idk about that. As for Van Exel I already used my Rule 1 and Rule 2 picks and he's who I thought of off the bat. Defense, can run a team, excellent shooter, and the main thing, he hit the big shots. An extra closer on the floor.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ron Harper on rule 5 is kind of cheap, I think Michael Jordan said Harper being traded from the Cavaliers was the best thing that ever happened to him because he thought of Harper was a mini version of himself. He would have had an amazing career baring his injuries.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PG- Prime Penny Hardaway Rule 2
SG-Michael Jordan Rule 1
SF- Bruce Bowen Role Player
PF- Pau Gasol rule 3
C- Rasheed Wallace rule 3

Bench Andre Iguodala, Michael Cooper, Derrick Rose, Marc Gasol, Joakim Noah
Penny and MJ would give every backcourt problems. Penny used to dominate pippen back in the day. Bruce is the defender/dirty player you need. I cant think of 5 big men now with a better skillset than pau. And Sheed can stretch out the d with his shooting and his post game is good as well.

And then with the bench. You get your lock down guy in coop. Gasol and noah will protect the paint. And then with my chi town backcourt of iggy and d-rose we got slashers and creators. Lord have mercy this squad is sick.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
We should make a poll and post the top 5 lineups and let the members choose what team they think is best

I still think mine is the deadliest, but of course its my lineup lol

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
if that's the case I'm re-making my lineup :p I just wanted to make something around T-Mac... which I probably will do again. Plus I was rushed, the game was about to start :p

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dez you must enjoy losing to me lol. My squad got this just off my backcourt alone.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I think me having Jason Kidd elevates it because he makes EVERYONE around him better, he made Kenyon Martin an all star, imagine what he would do with MJ

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You say that like mj would benefit from that relationship its the other way around nj lol.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah Im going to probably post another lineup, I wanted to go with the Dream too, but I wanted that wing player that would take the game over if needed. Outside, inside, defense.

And taking MJ is cheap to me lol (no offense TYO and Nets) so I had to go with Kobe

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
LOL Any would benefit from not having dumb passes during the game, it would create more possesions for MJ than he normally would with less turnovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%