Clippers Will Take Griffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Mike Dunleavy has saved Clippers' fans and the NBA from a lot of drama over the next month.

"Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin," Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy said in a telephone interview from Barcelona, Spain.

"This guy is the No. 1 pick. We're extremely excited. He's the guy."
Thanks for the suspense killer :]
Oh well, it was pretty obvious.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rip, they are the Clippers. We all know despite saying they will take Griffin, they will accidently say the wrong player code on draft night and end up taking Patty Mills at the #1 pick. D=

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Associated Press said:
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles Clippers didn't need time after the draft lottery to decide who to take with the No. 1 pick.

They settled on Blake Griffin long ago.

"I'd say we made the decision June 2008," assistant general manager Neil Olshey said Wednesday at the team's practice facility in Playa Vista. "When he decided to go back to Oklahoma, that if we got the No. 1 pick in '09, he'd be the guy."
^ Now that's some serious confidence in your team's chances for the 2008-09 season.

Lots of luck dumping Z-Bo's salary this off-season.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
True snowy, very true.

Nice suit damn lol.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They aren't dumping Z-Bo.
They're in a tough spot right now.

Camby will probably stay because he expires, so bye bye Kaman. I hardly knew ya ;)

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I bet one of those 3 will land in Detroit. Tempted to put some money on that.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive heard there have been talks between the Bulls and Clips about Hinrich in exchange for one of their big men, my only guess would be for Kaman, since Camby isnt the offensive player they need and nobody wants ZBo's contract.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
dang. wrong L.A. team for Kirk. He's perfect for the Lakers.
like tailor made

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Where would he even play in LA? Bench?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol pipe dream

get rid of farmar, fisher retire. shannon and Kirk

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Idk Rip, I know that would cause a rift with Baron, but werent they talking about moving him anyway?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
oh, Rip was talking Clippers lmao

ok then. I guess it would be better to have an extra guard than to have an extra big. because they also have DeAndre who can be special defensively

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
Ive heard there have been talks between the Bulls and Clips about Hinrich in exchange for one of their big men, my only guess would be for Kaman, since Camby isnt the offensive player they need and nobody wants ZBo's contract.
The bulls need D, not Offense. Camby would be much better for them but I just hope the bulls trade for a superstar this off-season. No more talk, lets do it.

I dont care much about number 1. I wanna see who gets Thabeet.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
[quote name='I'm With ATL' post='4058959' date='May 21 2009, 04:18 PM']The bulls need D, not Offense. Camby would be much better for them but I just hope the bulls trade for a superstar this off-season. No more talk, lets do it.

I dont care much about number 1. I wanna see who gets Thabeet.[/quote]
The <Censored>? We have Tyrus and Joakim providing defense, we need somebody that can score the damn ball down low (and no Chris Kaman isn't what I'm talking about)... We're either dealing Tyrus and Kirk for Bosh or Amare, anything else will be stupid.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Could not have guessed they were going to go with Blake. Definately a shocker there.

I'm With ATL

Reaction score
The <Censored>? We have Tyrus and Joakim providing defense, we need somebody that can score the damn ball down low (and no Chris Kaman isn't what I'm talking about)... We're either dealing Tyrus and Kirk for Bosh or Amare, anything else will be stupid.
My bad, I was thinking D in general and forgot they have pretty good post D. I still dont like Kaman and would rather have Camby. Also much rather Amare than Bosh but I'll take whatever I can get.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I dont see Bosh, but Amare is another thing, I know the Suns like Thomas, and are looking for Nash's replacement so that deal wouldnt be out of the question.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They do have options, alot will play out in the next few months.

I have a feeling this summer will be a very active one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%