Chris Henry dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtown81

Luke 23:34
Reaction score
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died from injuries suffered in an accident on Wednesday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg (N.C.) Police announced Thursday morning.

Henry suffered severe head injuries after falling out of the rear end of a truck Wednesday afternoon, and remained on life support before finally succumbing to his injuries at 6:36 a.m.

Henry leaves behind his fiancée, Loleini Tonga, and three children: 3-year old Seini, 2-year old Chris Jr. and 10-month old DeMarcus.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police detectives have been investigating Wednesday’s events, which were described as a “domestic situation” involving Henry and Tonga. According to police, a dispute at a Charlotte-area home led to Tonga leaving the residence in a truck. Henry jumped into the bed of the vehicle and then fell into the street nearly a half mile from the home. When police and paramedics responded to the scene, police said Henry had suffered life-threatening injuries, including severe head trauma.

The Cincinnati Bengals dispatched their head of security to Charlotte Thursday morning to be with the Henry family.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A...o&type=lgns

R.I.P.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Damn this is truly sad...my prayers are with his family

RIP

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, this is unreal. RIP

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Wow, shocking. Shows, anything can happen at anytime. Really sad.

R.I.P

Bengals1Fan

Reaction score
RIP chris...I'm gonna be making him a R.i.p sig in his honor...
I went to training camp this year for the bengals and saw him with his wife and kids...

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RIP, it's a shame how he was seemingly turning over a new leaf and staying out of trouble while trying to re-establish himself in the league and as a man. I'm not sure about the circumstances around this, but regardless it seems as though it's a real tragedy and although some people may deserve death, Chris Henry certainly did not at only age 26. It's a real shame.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RIP and God bless his family

I heard about this early this morning around 2AM but had no idea it happened in the same county and city I live in.

I hope everything works out for his family

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I heard about this early this morning around 2AM but had no idea it happened in the same county and city I live in.
That's crazy.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Such a terrible tragedy. RIP Chris.

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
I used to always think he was one of the more underrated players in the league, then he went through all that legal stuff, and when he came through, I looked at him as a better person as well and now this happens, and it's so tragic, even more that he had finally reconstructed himself and was just showing what people can do when provided with a second chance. He has taught us all a lesson we must never forget.
Rest in peace.

goodfella59

Reaction score
Sometimes when u hear of a death things sort of feel unreal... from what I have read about him it sounds like he was a very soft spoken and quiet guy that was just influenced by the wrong sort of people...its even more saddening to know that he was turning his life around and now 3 kids will remain fatherless... RIP Chris "Slim" Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%