Chicago Bulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN -
"With Kobe Bryant once again one of the hottest topics going around the NBA, ESPN did a feature where J.A. Adande, Chris Broussard, Ric Bucher, Chris Sheridan, and Marc Stein were asked a series of questions, including where Kobe is most likely to end up should he be traded.

All five writers believed that Chicago would be the most logical and likely destination for Bryant, with Dallas also being a good chance if the Mavericks were willing to part ways with Dirk Nowitzki".

If that goes down then I pick the Bulls to win it all for YEARS TO COME.

Sabbath

Reaction score
ESPN -
"With Kobe Bryant once again one of the hottest topics going around the NBA, ESPN did a feature where J.A. Adande, Chris Broussard, Ric Bucher, Chris Sheridan, and Marc Stein were asked a series of questions, including where Kobe is most likely to end up should he be traded.

All five writers believed that Chicago would be the most logical and likely destination for Bryant, with Dallas also being a good chance if the Mavericks were willing to part ways with Dirk Nowitzki".
If that goes down then I pick the Bulls to win it all for YEARS TO COME.
Her wanted to come to Chicago before the extension he signed with LA and was actually VERY CLOSE to signing the deal with us.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Even without Kobe they could have a championship in their future with this team; they're in most peoples' eyes the best team in the Central division, and quite a few people have them winning the East all together. We'll see I guess.

R6Vox

Reaction score
I read the same article this morning. This trade possibility rides on how this season goes for the Bulls. If they make it to the Finals, I think Paxson might be skeptical to trade away his young energetic core. Yeah, it's Kobe....he' the best player in the NBA but, how many "good" years does he have left in him? Plus, I have this sinking feeling that the Lakers are going to want Deng and Gordon and the Bulls are not going to give up both. Gordon, Thomas, Noah, Nocioni, Duhon are all expendable players (although I don't want to see anyone of them go). Deng and Hinrich are untouchable. Also, if the Bulls did trade Deng and Gordon, Kobe would be on the same kind of team he's on now where he's the only REAL decent player. Either way, I have faith that John Paxson will do the right thing as he did last season with the Pau Gasol trade that never happened.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After this year the Lakers have to pretty much take what they can get, their wanting big players now b/c they dont HAVE to trade him now, but after this year they will, like someone said before, it will be one of those AI or Shaq type trades, alot of solid players for a superstar. There is no way the Lakers will get both Gordon and Deng it will be one or the other..most likley Gordon.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
getting your hopes up isn't that good cuz once again...you will be crushed when you find out Kobe isn't going anywhere.

.loggie

Reaction score
I say the Celtics get him.
Haha no...but Kobe and B-Dub would be sick.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I really hope Chicago doesn't get him....it would screw up their chemistry. Plus I heard Deng is getting minutes at SG this season.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
PM7, if you think Kobe is going to be staying in LA for life you're crazy...

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
PM7, if you think Kobe is going to be staying in LA for life you're crazy...
Now you're putting words in my mouth. Im saying that you guys are acting like hes gonna leave soon. He's gonna be in LA for at least 2 or more seasons IMO.

.loggie

Reaction score
I think if the Lakers don't make it past the first round this season he's gone right away if he lasts till then.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
He's got that no-trade clause, that's the only problem. I think unless the Lakers like miss the playoffs this season, which is possible in my opinion, Kobe will be there until he has the ability to opt out of his contract.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's got that no-trade clause

He picks were he wants to go so if the Bulls offer for him he could say no or say yea and then he'll get traded.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He's gonna be in LA for at least 2 or more seasons IMO.
There is no way he is staying past those 2 seasons. he will opt out of his contract as soon as possible. Which is in 2 years.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
There is no way he is staying past those 2 seasons. he will opt out of his contract as soon as possible. Which is in 2 years.
If they get someone to increase their chances of winning, I see him staying past those 2 years

R6Vox

Reaction score
No you heard wrong he is going to get SOME minutes at SG this season...Not a lot though.
I've also read on various news clips that Deng will be playing some minutes at the SG.

Sabbath

Reaction score
And Skiles is confident that he need not worry too much about playing Deng in the backcourt.

''I'm not real concerned about Lu specifically at that spot,'' Skiles said. ''The two-guards in the league that can guard him should be able to post him up some. It's just a matter of whether we can recognize, while the game is going on without a timeout, that there is a small [defender] on him and run him down there.

''We're doing a decent job through two games of looking for him down there. But the moment a guy checks into the game, in a more regular-season setting, I would take control and make sure that we knew [there was a matchup advantage]. All of that can't fall to me at this stage of our development as a team. The guys on the floor have to recognize that.''

It doesn't look like he'll be playing there. the only reason he was playing there in preseason is because both Gordon and Sefolosha was hurt.

The problem i see is he won't be able to guard any quick guards that are scorers. So on defense I still see him guarding up on a bit of a slower forward, which would make Luol a forward.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Actually, Deng has been mentioned to get minutes at "SG" this season... They Bulls generally go with a smal lineup (sometimes playing Nocioni at "PF"), but I guess this season they are gonna try to go big sometimes with Nocioni at "SF" and Deng at "SG"... This doesn't mean Gordon won't still start, they are just gonna go with a bigger lineup at times. Deng has worked on extending his range during the off-season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him shooting a few more 3's this season. Playing Deng at SG also let's him defend guys like LeBron, VC, Kobe, Wade, etc., so that Kirk can get some time off and doesn't have to go all out on both ends of the court for 40 minutes a game. They could also play Thabo at SF/SG/PG, so that should help keep backcourt rotation fresh, which should really help Kirk, because like I said, he's always having to guard bigger players and it generally wears him down by the end of the game.

Also, look for Thomas Gardner to make the team and provide another option at the SG position. He's a really good shooter and pretty athletic, so he could possibly see some minutes this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%