Cavs resign West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Delonte West has signed a multi-year contract with the team, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Acquired from the Seattle SuperSonics on Feb. 21 as part of a three-team, 11-player trade, West played in 61 games (31 starts) for Seattle and Cleveland and averaged 8.3 points on .413 shooting, 3.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 25.1 minutes per game during the 2007-08 season. In 26 games (all starts) with the Cavaliers, the 6-foot-3 guard averaged 10.3 points on .440 shooting, 3.7 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 31.0 minutes per game.

“This is the first time since I was offered a scholarship at St. Joes that I feel like I am valued as a person and a player. Dan Gilbert and the Cavaliers have shown me that they value me as a person and a player and that was the most important thing to me,” said West. “In that sense, this was not about a specific dollar amount. You can’t really put a dollar value on a person, their skills you can, but not their heart and what kind of person they are. My family is blessed and I feel a great relief to be able to concentrate on basketball now.”

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
i'm glad he didnt bolt.
nice re-sign

.loggie

Reaction score
good they could re-sign him. i wonder who will get the back-up job, him or boobie? he was asking for far too much money at first too

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
good they could re-sign him. i wonder who will get the back-up job, him or boobie? he was asking for far too much money at first too
He'll be backup. He's better than Boobie. Or they could start him at SG but have Wally play most of the time there, then Delonte and Boobie could both backup Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%