Cavs fine Jones and Newble for refusal to enter game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From ESPN.com
The Cleveland Cavaliers have fined Damon Jones an undisclosed sum after the point guard refused to come off the bench for the final minute of their Christmas Day victory over the Miami Heat.

And Jones wasn't alone in his digression, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reported on Friday. Guard-forward Ira Newble also declined to enter the game at that point, saying he wasn't physically ready to play, the newspaper said.

"Regardless on how much time is on the clock, I'm going 100 percent every time I step on the court," Newble said, according to the Plain-Dealer. "Not being loose enough, you could possibly pull something."

Cavs coach Mike Brown, speaking before Thursday's game against Dallas, said the issue was an internal matter and he wouldn't have any additional comment.

It wasn't known if Newble was fined, the Plain-Dealer said. Of the 12 Cleveland players, Jones and Newble were the only ones not to log minutes in the Cavs' 96-82 victory over Miami.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say release them both, they are bums anyways.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
sad, your in the NBA and you refuse to enter a game? hell on most teams these guys woud barely get any PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%