Car driven by Browns' Stallworth hits, kills man

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From espn.com
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said.

Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit a 49-year-old man around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. The unidentified pedestrian was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it's not clear if he was crossing legally.

Stallworth was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew his blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine, but police said it was too early to tell if Stallworth was impaired or violating traffic laws. Police would not say where he was coming from or where he was headed.

A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday.

He previously played for the New England Patriots.
:eek:

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This is terrible, if this man has any family I feel for them. And Stallworth still needs to be cut by the Browns.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If they find out he was drunk he's screwed if he isn't already

PiStoL31PeTe

Baller For Life
Reaction score
he's pretty much screwed either way. I would hate having to deal with causing another person's death.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
R.I.P. & Stallworth = screwed

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Stuff like this only happens to the Browns..... lmao.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
I feel bad for this man's family, and for Stallworth because he has to live with this for the rest of his life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%