Can you win with Iverson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
After watching the pistons play today and giving their record and coaching. You cant put the blame on Ai completely. But do you feel its true that you cant win with him out there because of the way he plays. Tay and rip look pissed off half the time watching him dribble the <Censored> out of the ball. I love AI no homo dont get me wrong but i think its impossible to win a title with him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No it's possible, you just can't really play team ball with him.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's possible if the roster looked like this:

C - Pavel Podkolzin
PF - Paul Davis
SF - Mickael Gelabale
SG - Allen Iverson
PG - Mateen Cleaves

Just saying you need to put sandbags around him to win.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well maybe not a team like that^ lol

But to win anything with a guy like Iverson I don't think you can pair him with another star player. You really do have to surround him with nothing but role players, guys that can defend and make open shots. That's all he had when he led the sixers to the finals. Everything has to go through AI.

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well maybe not a team like that^ lol

But to win anything with a guy like Iverson I don't think you can pair him with another star player. You really do have to surround him with nothing but role players, guys that can defend and make open shots. That's all he had when he led the sixers to the finals. Everything has to go through AI.
LOL.
I was just joking. Just trying to say that you need robots around him.
C-WEBB FTw.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Pistons were a straight up perimeter shooting team in recent years. They relied on moving the ball around and finding the open man with the best available shot to take.

Subject your best passer & add a player who is more of a ball handler/drive through the lane player, it's no surprise sh.. isn't working.

The Pistons win a round in the playoffs with this team but not having any consistency and having a jacked up identity doesn't get them any further.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pistons win a round, I don't think we end there.

It's go big or go home IMO. I think if we win round 1, we will get to the ECF again. Maybe more.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with Rip, but thats if we even make the playoffs..

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Pistons win a round, I don't think we end there.

It's go big or go home IMO. I think if we win round 1, we will get to the ECF again. Maybe more.
i think your crazy. this team can not beat the Cavs/C's/Magic

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well i love the optimism, but no dude, your Pistons are nothing but mediocrity now

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think you can ever win with someone like Iverson or even want to play with someone like Iverson.

Iverson is a point guard that is a me player. Point guard are supposed to be playmakers. I really wish the Pistons didn't make that trade, they should of thought about it. It did give Stuckey a chance though to really show what he's made of. I think the Pistons will make the playoffs, and get to second round.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Are they able to trade AI before the deadline?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he's eligible

I say The Artist Formerly Known as T-Mac for AI

Lake Louise

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, and how we have been playing that`s a BIG if, we will go far. Pistons are like a completly different team when it comes to playoff time. Certain players step up, when others have off nights. It all depends on the night, but I say that they have a good chance.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, and how we have been playing that`s a BIG if, we will go far. Pistons are like a completly different team when it comes to playoff time. Certain players step up, when others have off nights. It all depends on the night, but I say that they have a good chance.
You're a completely different team with Billups in the playoffs, not AI.

AI is a shot chucker, who has to play the point because his size. The only way he wins a championship, is if he comes off the bench late in his career.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
One of the main reasons we got AI is because during the playoffs, we couldn't win because we had no go to guy. And unless you have a team like the Celtics with 3 superstars, you need a go to guy to win.

So we bring one of the best scorers in the NBA to solve that problem. Yes we have lost our identity. And yes the trade looks bad now. But I think if you think we got no chance at anything, is just not true. We have shown brilliant play at times, just small potentials of what we can do. Because on paper I think we have one of the best teams in the league.

I'll remain patient. I'm not going to predict anything until I can see consistant player. But all I gotta say is, you might want to watch out come playoff time. I think in the playoffs, AI will become the 25+ scorer he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%