Camby traded to Clippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdogg

The original #SpartanDawg
Reaction score
Nuggets center Marcus Camby has been traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, his agent confirmed Tuesday night.

The deal is believed to be for a future second-round pick in what appears to be a move for salary-cap purposes.

“They definitely got their money’s worth,’’ Camby’s agent, Rick Kaplan, said in a brief telephone interview.

Camby’s cap number for next season is $10 million.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008...ers-draft-pick/

Nice trade for the Clippers, not so much for the Nuggets...

VC15

Reaction score
At least this kills any rumor of Camby coming to NJ.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Dammit i wanted him in NJ, but dam the clippers stole him, i dont understand these salary dump moves unless the nuggets have a big plan

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Well they'd like to have the money to resign Melo...

TheKing99

Reaction score
If the Clipps still had Brand, they'd be one of the favorites to win the East. And even if they still had Maggette, they might have still had a shot at a five seed. But now, they might be good enough to grab an eight seed.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
If the Clipps still had Brand, they'd be one of the favorites to win the East. And even if they still had Maggette, they might have still had a shot at a five seed. But now, they might be good enough to grab an eight seed.
ok. yeah

.s31t

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
They also don't want to pay Luxury Taxes either.

TheKing99

Reaction score
The Nuggs wouldn't have made a playoff run with Camby...Now they're completely screwed, more so on the defensive end.

NjNets15

@SeanDugan2
Reaction score
Well it is clear now that the Nuggets were not going to do anything with the team they had set up, so its time to deal everyone they got and start fresh, when you get swept 1st round by a veteran team, its time to move on.

.dk92

AMAZING
Reaction score
Well it is clear now that the Nuggets were not going to do anything with the team they had set up, so its time to deal everyone they got and start fresh, when you get swept 1st round by a veteran team, its time to move on.
They traded their best defender.

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Nuggets game are gonna be 120-120

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
168-116, Nuggets vs Sonics. They give up 116 to the Sonics WITH Camby. Have mercy.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
You people aren't seeing both sides of this trade. All you see is Camby's a good defender, former defensive player of the year... the Nuggets got messed up by only getting a 2nd round pick.

Do I need to spell this out for you? First of all, Camby has been in the league for 12 years. He's 34 years old. His decline will come very soon.

Second of all, Camby will make $11,250,000 this year. Him added together with Allen Iverson's, Kenyon Martin's, and Carmelo Anthony's contract combine for $60,933,024, which by itself exceeds the salary cap.

Third, the Nuggets are on the outside looking in to start the 2008-2009 season. Yes they won 50 games in 2007-08, but that still barely got them into the playoffs, and with the Warriors, Blazers, and Clippers all looking like playoff contenders for next season, the Nuggets are probably going to look at 2008-09 as a year to put the pieces back in place.

By no means was this stupid...

djhipp

Reaction score
Nuggets could have got more in my opinion but good deal for the clippers

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
You people aren't seeing both sides of this trade. All you see is Camby's a good defender, former defensive player of the year... the Nuggets got messed up by only getting a 2nd round pick.

Do I need to spell this out for you? First of all, Camby has been in the league for 12 years. He's 34 years old. His decline will come very soon.

Second of all, Camby will make $11,250,000 this year. Him added together with Allen Iverson's, Kenyon Martin's, and Carmelo Anthony's contract combine for $60,933,024, which by itself exceeds the salary cap.

Third, the Nuggets are on the outside looking in to start the 2008-2009 season. Yes they won 50 games in 2007-08, but that still barely got them into the playoffs, and with the Warriors, Blazers, and Clippers all looking like playoff contenders for next season, the Nuggets are probably going to look at 2008-09 as a year to put the pieces back in place.

By no means was this stupid...
He's right, this was a perfect move for the Nugs, they dump a huge slary for a overpaid 0 offense kinda guy, yea Camby brings D but thats it, he went scoreless in over 30 games or something like that and I mean no shot attempts.

As for the Clips, you can kinda say this is stupid. They have Kaman what one's gunna play PF. I know Camby is no threat on offense but he also shouldn't come off the benc neither should Kaman. And I really don't see Kaman being able to play PF Camby could but he's too slow to gaurd an Amare type player... We'll have to see how this pans out.

It's a good trade for the Nuggs and ok for the Clips.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I know this kills any Randolph to Clippers move.

But I see the logic behind the trade for the Nuggets, like CC said it was strictly a money move. As for the Clippers, they maybe rushed into getting a bigman, the deal is odd, but I understand the move for both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%