Cadillac is back

Will Cadillac return to his 2005 R.O.Y form?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Back from his 13-month recovery following a career-threatening knee injury, Carnell "Cadillac" Williams was back in the practice field with the Buccaneers Wednesday.

In a new role, emulating Adrian Peterson for Tampa's scout offense, Williams is looking to return to old form and readjust to the physical grind of an NFL runningback.

"We're trying to simulate as much real football activity as we can, and he's responding tremendously," coach Jon Gruden said

Williams tore the patellor tendon in his right knee back in September of 2007. Though he is not quite ready to return to the role of feature back, Gruden is sure that he will see some playing in the weeks to come.

"I am totally leaving it to the coaches. I am just out here trying hard and contributing in any way possible to this team," Williams told the media. "How much I play is up to them."

Cadillac's return may have come at a good time as both Earnest Graham and Warrick Dunn are hampered with injuries, at this point in time. To make room for Williams, the team released veteran Michael Bennett. -AE

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
tough to tell whether he'd be the same Cadillac. I hope so, but I just dont think he will.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
tough to tell whether he'd be the same Cadillac. I hope so, but I just dont think he will.
It is going to be tough to tell. Some guys can recover for a career-threatening injury and seemingly not even lose a step. Ronnie Brown suffered a similar injury and looks like a freak of nature...considering how fast he recovered and how effective he still is. Other guys, Robert Edwards being the perfect example, are just never the same again.

I think the Bucs did right by giving Williams all the time he needed to recover and taking things slow. Cadillac will have to ease his way back into a feature back role, something that probably won't happen any earlier than training camp of 2009. Regardless, I will give those Auburn RB's the benefit of the doubt & say Cadillac can return to form in the near future.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
It doesnt hurt to have a very nice RB in Earnest Graham to alleviate the transition back to the feature RB.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Good news for the Bucs. Hopefully he'll be the same RB if not better. We'll see as time goes.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think he'll be back to his old form.
They gave him as much time as he needed to fully recover.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
He will be back to his old form. It`s a good thing they have guys like Earnest Graham & Warrick Dunn to fill in nicely for him so he could have the time he needed to recover.

Dice-J

Make Animal Cruelty a Felony!
Reaction score
Yes, he's had plenty of time to recover his injury and I think he'll be the '05 Cadillac soon, he just needs the feeling of being back on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%