Brook Lopez Was Almost A Bobcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
From realgm.com
The Bobcats nearly drafted center Brook Lopez, who ended up going to the Nets with the 10th pick, last June.

Charlotte was on the clock at No. 9, and made it clear to Lopez's representatives that he was their choice. That was confirmed by several agents who were in touch with one of Lopez's agents, who went ballistic as soon as the Bobcats picked point guard D.J. Augustin instead.

"It was a pretty big shock. I said, 'I feel like Brady Quinn,'" Lopez recalled, referring to the Cleveland Browns' quarterback who slipped in the 2007 NFL Draft. "I'm sure Brady heard about me saying that -- I'm afraid to meet him now. But I'm glad how it ended up. I feel lucky the way it turned out."

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
They should have taken Lopez. Augustin is a good player, but they already have Felton who is really a good point guard. Lopez would have been a nice fit with Okafor. They would of had a solid starting lineup, but they are doing good now that Bell and Diaw have adjusted to their new team.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have to disagree Torres

Felton is a solid player, but he isnt as good as some believe, he has his bright moments when it LOOKS like he's going to erupt and become the player Deron Williams and Chris Paul are, but it never happens, it seems like he will never "Get over the hump"

Augustin on the other hand has played way past expectations, and is w/o a doubt a top 5 rookie. When faced head to head against Rose, he gave him the business.

Lopez's potential is limited, he wont get much better, as for Augustin if he continues at the rate he's going he's going to be a perrenial all-star.

-Torres-

The Truth
Reaction score
I still have hope for Felton. I believe that if the team gets better, then Felton will finally get over the hump.

I also believe Lopez has the potential to be a serious scoring threat in the post and that if he lives up to that potential then he'll be an all-star. He's not playing that bad of defense like people thought he would. He's averaging 2 blocks per game and he's a solid rebounder.

Augustin is most likely a future star, but I think Lopez would have been a better pick for the Cats.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I thought they should've picked Brook, but after seeing Augustin play... I have to say I was wrong. Even though they could use a decent center.. Okafor would be better as a PF.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man, I wanted Augustine in Sac so bad!

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This would have made them better now.
But the player they got could make them better in the future.
Although they need to get better now.

Still they have a good young player, who cares.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well the two teams played each other today

Brook Lopez- 31 minutes, 6 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal, fouled out
DJ Augustin- 28 minutes, 3 points, 2 assists, 2 rebounds, 4 turnovers

Nets won by 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%